Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 52,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to bring HTC One M8 back to original firmware for a complete novice - SOLVED

Tip us?

skeletiko
Old
(Last edited by skeletiko; 3rd August 2014 at 08:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Sign [Q] How to bring HTC One M8 back to original firmware for a complete novice - SOLVED

Hello,

I've bought an HTC One M8 at ebay a few days ago.. the device was sold as a Google Edition one, although, after I bought it, I realized that it was an unlocked HTC One M8 with a Google Edition rom (description in english wasn't so complete as the german one :P).. for me that wouldn't be a problem, although I would prefer to have the genuine firmware (I like the original HTC software)..therefore, I asked the user to change the firmware before sending the phone to me.

After receiving the phone, I've noticed that firmware version is "Android Revolution HD 8.1 by mike1986".. therefore,.. not the original rom from HTC.. besides this, there's also some "leftovers" of the google edition, as you can see in the image below (appears when I reboot the phone) .
The user told me that he has spent almost three hours to install that rom,.. and that he couldn't ger rid of the "Google" symbol whenever reboot the phone, as he had almost bricked the phone when he was trying.

What I would like to know is if there is the possibility to change the firmware to the original HTC firmware, exactly as if I was getting the phone from the store (with all the applications that comes with it) and that also allows me to benefit from HTC warranty?

If so, is there any step by step guide to safely do it?

I'm a novice in this area (never rooted or unrooted a phone).. and I just want to have the phone as if it was out of the box (do not need to have it unlocked to update roms or to delete any applications that comes with the phone, or something like that).
My HTC has a CID-HTC__102 (based on what I searched in the forum...it looks like an unlocked international version (German) device) and it has an IMEI SV 01 (I don't know if this info is needed, but I could not attach any more images, so I post this info here).

I will leave some info screen images as attachments so it becomes easier for you to help me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
SkElEtIkO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00342.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	2856336   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00343.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	2856337   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00346.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	2856338   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00348.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	2856339  

RossMacgill
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735235

you might not need to do all the steps, but this works 100%
HTC One (M8) Stock, S-Off, Rooted / Nexus 4 -Rooted Stock
Previous Devices, HTC One X, HTC DesireHD, and a long list..........
The Following User Says Thank You to RossMacgill For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skeletiko
Old
(Last edited by skeletiko; 18th July 2014 at 06:45 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Sign confusion and more confusion in my head... :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMacgill View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735235

you might not need to do all the steps, but this works 100%
Hello Ross,

I've already read that post, however, for a noobie in this area, I believe that there's a lot of things that might not be so easy as they're for who flash firmware a lot of times.. for example.. "flash (...) ROM in TRWP"...I never flashed anything :P..
I've roughly seached in the forum for "flash in TWRP"..and there's a lot of people with problems in flashing things with it (get stuck in some point)...

Besides this..EddyOS post mentions to use "odexed package provided by @Mike1986".. is that post only about applying that ROM or can I use another one? I already have a ROM by mike1986.. the one that I want to get rid off :P.. I want a completely original ROM as if the phone came from HTC... I was thinking on this..but even this one looks like was also provided by mike1986... (and probably has the same name that the one that I have).. isn't there any ROM by HTC without any modification???

I haven't got anything against ROMs made by mike or someone else.. I just want a manufacturer ROM :P which allows me to have full warranty and the functionalities that originally came with the phone. For example, with this firmware that I currently have, I cannot add my google account (says "cannot connect to google server") and I cannot see if there are new phone software updates (it keeps searching and searching)... and if I look into phone's software name.. it appears "Android Revolution HD 8.1 by mike1986"..well.. if I would take the phone to HTC under warranty.. they certainly wouldn't do anything with that software :P

Another thing, you told in your reply that I may not need to do all the steps.. Why not (?) and.. in that case, which steps shall I need to do?

My final question of this post...since the user that sold me the phone had already made a firmware update (google edition) before the current one, and now.. the phone has things from two firmware updates (the initial logo from google edition firmware, as you can see in the attached image, and the firmware from mike1986), don't you think, that it would be necessary to make another steps to clean all this mess?

Regards,
SkElEtIkO

RossMacgill
Old
Thanks Meter 24

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletiko View Post
Hello Ross,

I've already read that post, however, for a noobie in this area, I believe that there's a lot of things that might not be so easy as they're for who flash firmware a lot of times.. for example.. "flash (...) ROM in TRWP"...I never flashed anything :P..
I've roughly seached in the forum for "flash in TWRP"..and there's a lot of people with problems in flashing things with it (get stuck in some point)...

Besides this..EddyOS post mentions to use "odexed package provided by @Mike1986".. is that post only about applying that ROM or can I use another one? I already have a ROM by mike1986.. the one that I want to get rid off :P.. I want a completely original ROM as if the phone came from HTC... I was thinking on this..but even this one looks like was also provided by mike1986... (and probably has the same name that the one that I have).. isn't there any ROM by HTC without any modification???

I haven't got anything against ROMs made by mike or someone else.. I just want a manufacturer ROM :P which allows me to have full warranty and the functionalities that originally came with the phone. For example, with this firmware that I currently have, I cannot add my google account (says "cannot connect to google server") and I cannot see if there are new phone software updates (it keeps searching and searching)... and if I look into phone's software name.. it appears "Android Revolution HD 8.1 by mike1986"..well.. if I would take the phone to HTC under warranty.. they certainly wouldn't do anything with that software :P

Another thing, you told in your reply that I may not need to do all the steps.. Why not (?) and.. in that case, which steps shall I need to do?

My final question of this post...since the user that sold me the phone had already made a firmware update (google edition) before the current one, and now.. the phone has things from two firmware updates (the initial logo from google edition firmware, as you can see in the attached image, and the firmware from mike1986), don't you think, that it would be necessary to make another steps to clean all this mess?

Regards,
SkElEtIkO
odexed package provided by @Mike19 and the system dump you linked to are the same stock, more than likely the very same file. You can use any rom, that is a stock dump and the correct version, but i would use mikes, or from the list of stock dumps thread on here.

Mike is a rom developer, he makes custom roms, but also has sources for his roms, which he then supplies for us to go back to stock.

with your google flash screen, i did read that if you flash 1.54.401.5 then reflash 1.54.401.10, it fixes that issue, not sure how true it is.
HTC One (M8) Stock, S-Off, Rooted / Nexus 4 -Rooted Stock
Previous Devices, HTC One X, HTC DesireHD, and a long list..........

skeletiko
Old
(Last edited by skeletiko; 3rd August 2014 at 08:59 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Please see solution in here

Thank you