[Q] How to force Music Player to see newly added music

27th August 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
Hi All,

I have been having an issue where the HTC music app will not automatically sync any newly added music? I add them directly to my SD card and it seems that the only way to get them to be added to the player is to reboot the phone. Surely there has to be a way of getting the player to see the new music without having to resort to a reboot??

Thanks in advance
27th August 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 119

296 posts
Same thing for me, been like this since I got the phone on every Rom and stock. My brothers s5 pulls it instantly after download.
27th August 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 142

271 posts
More
Try some of the Media Rescan apps in the Play Store
27th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 92

414 posts
More
I had the same problem so I moved my music on Internal SD card since Kitkat on this device doesnt allow Music player to read the music on External SD card

Poslano z mojega HTC One_M8 z uporabo Tapatalk
27th August 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,034

6,870 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboblaz

I had the same problem so I moved my music on Internal SD card since Kitkat on this device doesnt allow Music player to read the music on External SD card

That is completely false.

So much misinformation and misunderstanding on the KitKat SD card restrictions. The restrictions only affect the ability of 3rd party apps to write to the SD, and do not in any way affect read permissions.
http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Its become a knee-jerk reaction that whenever someone has any issue whatsoever with their SD, they blame the KitKat SD permissions change (when its often not the case). Its become like the guy from Ancient Aliens with the crazy hair "IT MUST BE ALIENS!!!!"

What we have here is a simple lag of the music player not picking up the changes fast enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #6  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 92

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

So much misinformation and misunderstanding on the KitKat SD card restrictions. The restrictions only affect the ability of 3rd party apps to write to the SD, and do not in any way affect read permissions.

Its become a knee-jerk reaction that whenever someone has any issue whatsoever with their SD, they blame the KitKat SD permissions change (when its often not the case). Its become like the guy from Ancient Aliens with the crazy hair "IT MUST BE ALIENS!!!!"

What we have here is a simple lag of the music player not picking up the changes fast enough.

Ok and thank you for correcting my false reply and teaching me how not to blame Kitkat SD card etc.

Poslano z mojega HTC One_M8 z uporabo Tapatalk
29th August 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 6

29 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Is there anyway to force an update? Such as unmounting the SD card and remounting it? Or perhaps an app?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread