Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,458 Members 48,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to install Android Revolution HD

Tip us?

mr.loverlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
It's not so easy for me. I have twrp since the first day I've rooted the phone and there are a lot of problems with custom roms. Viperone was great but it was draining the battery, installing insertcoin resulted in long boot time or not working wifi (depending from kernel). There are just so many problems with this device. On skydragon won't work all of the gestures. Even stock deodexed rom doesn't work correctly.
I'm also wondering why there are only few kernels available for this device and none of them works 100% correctly.
However it's still a great device, with a bit little battery

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
Devices until now:
SE K600i ->SE G900 -> Xperia X10 -> Sgs 2 -> Note n7000 -> Lg L9 II D605 -> s4 zoom -> Note 2 N7105 -> Note 2 N7100 -> Xperia Z -> S4 Zoom -> Lg G2 -> Xperia Z1 -> Galaxy S4 -> Xperia Z1 (White) -> Htc One M8

One-M8-Master
Old
Thanks Meter 2,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.loverlover View Post
It's not so easy for me. I have twrp since the first day I've rooted the phone and there are a lot of problems with custom roms. Viperone was great but it was draining the battery, installing insertcoin resulted in long boot time or not working wifi (depending from kernel). There are just so many problems with this device. On skydragon won't work all of the gestures. Even stock deodexed rom doesn't work correctly.
I'm also wondering why there are only few kernels available for this device and none of them works 100% correctly.
However it's still a great device, with a bit little battery

LOL? I think your device is definitely focked up...there are just two kernels for sense and gpe because the device itself is the most bugfree and reliable android phone which is out ...gestures are always working for me...every Rom I flashed..doesn't matter if gpe or sense worked out of box, no WiFi or whatever problem as long as you do what you really need..like flashing the right firmware etc...if twrp doesn't work that good use Philz...Philz just has a problem with aroma that it is transparent...just use another static colour or so...really the phone is working like it should and even better...
Flashed elementalx kernel and it's better then stock kernel.... Viper yea has a bit bad battery life compared to others but insertcoin is really awesome...will flash it later again
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Quote:
You haven't followed the instructions for most of the 2.22 based ROMs that state updated firmware is required; and now you are blaming the kernels? I'm on InsertCoin and every thing works flawlessly.

Firmware is likely you main problem here, especially if you are saying long boot times and WiFi is not working (dead giveaway and known issues with wrong firmware). Just pay for sunshine s-off, update the firmware, and be done with it.
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

mr.loverlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Well, I updated the firmware to 4.4.3 before installing any custom 4.4.3 firmware, so I don't think I didn't follow the instructions.

And I don't want to get s-off by paying because I will most likely change this device soon.

Devices until now:
SE K600i ->SE G900 -> Xperia X10 -> Sgs 2 -> Note n7000 -> Lg L9 II D605 -> s4 zoom -> Note 2 N7105 -> Note 2 N7100 -> Xperia Z -> S4 Zoom -> Lg G2 -> Xperia Z1 -> Galaxy S4 -> Xperia Z1 (White) -> Htc One M8

mr.loverlover
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Yeah, this phone is very tricky bastard.
I've tried various of kernels, but wifi doesn't work on 4.4.3 roms when I use them.
And about the gestures, in some roms they work, in some not, like for example now, on skydragon, I can only use double tap, every other gesture won't work, however I don't care about them because in using the magnetic cover, which is a very nice feature and the only reason I use flip cover like case.

Devices until now:

redpoint73
Old
(Last edited by redpoint73; 12th August 2014 at 04:17 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Quote:
Well, I updated the firmware to 4.4.3 before installing any custom 4.4.3 firmware, so I don't think I didn't follow the instructions.

And I don't want to get s-off by paying because I will most likely change this device soon.
I think you are confused. When folks talk of the 2.22 firmware, this is not a 4.4.3 ROM. When "firmware" is mentioned here, it refers to a zip package that includes hboot, radio, WiFi, media and other modules. These are not contained in a ROM.

If you didn't do this, this is the reason why you are having issues.

S-off is required to flash firmware. If you want to fix your issue you need s-off, and to flash the firmware. If you don't want to pay, that is not my business. But you will continue to have problems.

More info on flashing firmware here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=9592
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
android revolution hd, flash, how to, install