Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] How to modify media_profiles.xml to increase camera quality?

9th July 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

93 posts
I've been trying to increase my camera's quality by editing the "media_profiles.xml" file, without luck. It seems like it's been ignoring my changes to the file. The first thing I've tried to do was simply to increase the fps from 30 to 60, to see what happens. There are many different encoder profiles for 1080p video, so I've edited them all, without luck.

I know that you can already record in 60 fps by selecting the different mode i the camera app, but I'd also like to increase the bitrate of both the video and the audio, and also the resolution (if possible) to the camera sensor's maximum of 2688х1520 pixels. (120 fps possible, for ultra slowmotion?)

I'm s-off with the newest firmware for 4.4.3 and running Android Revolution 9.1 (wiped this morning, so fresh installation).

I know about this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...743174&page=52
But unfortunately it doesn't work for my phone since the 4.4.3 update (even though there's a person saying that it does work for him/her) I also want to learn how to edit the settings so I can customize it so it suits me.

Thanks for reading
Last edited by KKLD; 9th July 2014 at 04:45 PM.
10th July 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

93 posts
Bump!
11th July 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

93 posts
I'd really appreciate some help!
13th July 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

93 posts
Help will be greatly appreciated!
13th July 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 258

749 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKLD

I've been trying to increase my camera's quality by editing the "media_profiles.xml" file, without luck. It seems like it's been ignoring my changes to the file. The first thing I've tried to do was simply to increase the fps from 30 to 60, to see what happens. There are many different encoder profiles for 1080p video, so I've edited them all, without luck.

I know that you can already record in 60 fps by selecting the different mode i the camera app, but I'd also like to increase the bitrate of both the video and the audio, and also the resolution (if possible) to the camera sensor's maximum of 2688х1520 pixels. (120 fps possible, for ultra slowmotion?)

I'm s-off with the newest firmware for 4.4.3 and running Android Revolution 9.1 (wiped this morning, so fresh installation).

I know about this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...743174&page=52
But unfortunately it doesn't work for my phone since the 4.4.3 update (even though there's a person saying that it does work for him/her) I also want to learn how to edit the settings so I can customize it so it suits me.

Thanks for reading

I can't help with this, but have you tried asking in the picture thread? There are a couple of guys in there that might help.

Pictures Taken With M8
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

93 posts
Alright, in the thread I linked in OP, I followed the instructions some users suggested and made the mod work again
It works flawlessly for me and many others.

Unfortunately OP is banned, so I've attached the file that's I've edited to work (per the instructions) with Sense 4.4.3 ROMS, happy flashing!
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC One Cam V2 Final.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.69 MB, 19 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to KKLD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread