XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

Native Data Usage app data file for Tasker

OP Lancaster84

7th September 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
I want to developers some logic in Tasker using the current data used for my phone . I cannot find any files related to the data usage app to import this Info Into tasker. Could someone please help me find where this info resides in the system files?
7th September 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
To add more clarity to the request.
I have already been working with the system files that monitor rx and tx bytes and packets . The problem is they reset to 0 after reboot. I noticed that the data usage app in HTC sense 6 has a running trend with month end reset setpoint and data usage alarm trigger. These are some great variables to use for my purposes if i canget them into Tasker. I will be doing a running linear prediction for end of month usage by analyzing my current usage toatal and days passed in my billing cycle and then toggling a bit if I am over or under the setpoint so I know if I need to curb my usage to be good until months end.
Last edited by Lancaster84; 7th September 2014 at 05:10 PM.
15th September 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Well I decided to tackle this one from scratch
15th September 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
I have fully completed the logic for an app that will calculate the minutes from the beginning and to the end of the current billing cycle. With this info and the data usage statistics being collected (thanks to bdanders from Google groups for the file locations.)
I am calculating the estimated usage by the end of the billing cycle based on the current usage (using the naive forecasting method). With this I am toggling a bit that represents if I am using two much data at this point in my billing cycle, based on a data usage setpoint. Currently this bit is used to change the color of a zooper widget icon from green to red, telling me I need to back off of the data. This bit could also be used to turn off cellular data or any other thing and be pretty reliable as it will be re analyzed every two minutes.
I have tested this logic pretty well and it works through whatever I throw at it. All profiles are running on two minute intervals except for one handling reboots(which I plan to migrate to the two minute method also).
I am making this work with nested if statements and some latching bits to prevent running certain logic more than once when called. I will be releasing this program soon as I am still taking some time to look for bugs.
Please send any ideas or requests as the hard work is now done. I would love to further develop this program.
Last edited by Lancaster84; 1st October 2014 at 07:10 AM.
2nd October 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Working on tutorial
Last edited by Lancaster84; 2nd October 2014 at 04:00 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread