Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,524 Members 42,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] htc m8 cannot save image using facebook messenger

Tip us?
 
baby_emi
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Cool [Q] htc m8 cannot save image using facebook messenger

hi guys! glad to have found this thread.

how are your phones so far?
I have a prob with mine.. it's very weird.

idk if you're using fb messenger... but i can't save images from chat when i'm on it. when I long press on the image and press save image, the little gray popup that's supposed to come up and say "image saved" doesn't appear. tried reinstalling the messenger app, still no go, so i completely uninstalled it.

and then what I did was i also uninstalled any updates from my built-in fb app and then went back to the factory version. I could then save images from chat and they appeared in my gallery under the album named "messenger." so then, I updated the fb app (again--I could still save photos from chat at this point).. so I thought it was all good.

I went back to the play store and reinstalled fb messenger, but then I couldn't save pics again! my friend who also has an m8 could save pics using her fb messenger app (with the fb built-in app not updated since she bought it).... this is just one annoying bug!

has anyone here had this prob? or is it just me. my m8 isn't rooted, no nothing. i reset my phone to factory version and wiped out even the data on my sd card, TWICE. but still the same issue. is it the fb messenger app or is it my phone?
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#2  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 241
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_emi View Post
hi guys! glad to have found this thread.

how are your phones so far?
I have a prob with mine.. it's very weird.

idk if you're using fb messenger... but i can't save images from chat when i'm on it. when I long press on the image and press save image, the little gray popup that's supposed to come up and say "image saved" doesn't appear. tried reinstalling the messenger app, still no go, so i completely uninstalled it.

and then what I did was i also uninstalled any updates from my built-in fb app and then went back to the factory version. I could then save images from chat and they appeared in my gallery under the album named "messenger." so then, I updated the fb app (again--I could still save photos from chat at this point).. so I thought it was all good.

I went back to the play store and reinstalled fb messenger, but then I couldn't save pics again! my friend who also has an m8 could save pics using her fb messenger app (with the fb built-in app not updated since she bought it).... this is just one annoying bug!

has anyone here had this prob? or is it just me. my m8 isn't rooted, no nothing. i reset my phone to factory version and wiped out even the data on my sd card, TWICE. but still the same issue. is it the fb messenger app or is it my phone?
It's the messenger app, I have this problem too. Instead I just screenshot the pics and move them to the messenger folder via gallery.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
ramshidjafar
Old
#3  
ramshidjafar's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
It's the messenger app, I have this problem too. Instead I just screenshot the pics and move them to the messenger folder via gallery.
Same I do but before they provided option to download. Why they removed
 
baby_emi
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
It's the messenger app, I have this problem too. Instead I just screenshot the pics and move them to the messenger folder via gallery.
Ah.. I see. Its really weird and annoying.. Ive searched for this issue but nobody seems to have a fix. Anyway will try to use a custom rom soon and see if that will fix the problem for me.
 
ramshidjafar
Old
#5  
ramshidjafar's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Dubai
Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_emi View Post
Ah.. I see. Its really weird and annoying.. Ive searched for this issue but nobody seems to have a fix. Anyway will try to use a custom rom soon and see if that will fix the problem for me.

The custom ROMS wont help you in this, the Messenger app is the problem.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes