Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Music Player - Disable Music Enhancement?

Tip us?

lyno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Audio [Q] HTC Music Player - Disable Music Enhancement?

Hi,

I really like the HTC Music player and because I'm using the ViperOneM8 ROM, It's skinned with the theme I've applied.

One thing that I've found with the player is that it applies some kind of equalisation to my music, for example listening to music through the Google Music app sounds very different to the HTC Music app. After looking around, I found the HTC Music Enhancer app.

Does anyone is this is the app that is applying the equalisation in the background, and how I can disable it?

Thanks.

HTCNerdYoda
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyno View Post
Hi,

I really like the HTC Music player and because I'm using the ViperOneM8 ROM, It's skinned with the theme I've applied.

One thing that I've found with the player is that it applies some kind of equalisation to my music, for example listening to music through the Google Music app sounds very different to the HTC Music app. After looking around, I found the HTC Music Enhancer app.

Does anyone is this is the app that is applying the equalisation in the background, and how I can disable it?

Thanks.
Not quite sure. But could be that the HTCMusicEnhancer is actually the Boomsound option in the settings. Try deactivating boomsound while headphones are plugged in and give a short feedback if it worked the way you intended it.
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).

spikeydoo2006
Old
(Last edited by spikeydoo2006; 20th August 2014 at 11:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 77
*deleted* wrong info. Sorry!

Phone: HTC ONE (M8)
ROM: Stock
Firmware: 1.54.401.10 - Rooted
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: Stock
S-OFF

Retired/Backup Handset/s:
Phone: HTC ONE
Phone: HTC ONE X (International Tegra 3 Variation)
PHONE: HTC Sensation
PHONE: EU HTC HD2 (512 Mb)

lyno
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda View Post
Not quite sure. But could be that the HTCMusicEnhancer is actually the Boomsound option in the settings. Try deactivating boomsound while headphones are plugged in and give a short feedback if it worked the way you intended it.
I have Boomsound disabled, I'm taking about just the HTC Music player, it seems to equalise the music even with Boomsound disabled. Playing it with any other music player with equalizers disabled sound much different to the HTC Music player.

I used Titanium Backup to freeze HTC audio enhancement, but the sound is the same (I think maybe the audio enhancement is for getting album art etc?)
Tags
audio, htc music, music