HTC One (Dual Sim) Europe vs. Nexus 4/5 ?

OP zakazak

4th July 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12

377 posts
Hey there,

when I first went for android I bought the HTC Desire HD and absolutely loved it. How ever my next phone was the Nexus 4 which I loved even more. Fast updates, a lot of 3rd party development (Kernel, ROM, etc) and very cheap.

How ever, today I read that the HTC One M8 DUAL SIM will come to Europe. This is very handy for me as I carry my private + business phone 24/7. Now my question is:

How is the HTC One M8 holding up compared to the Nexus 4/5 in terms of 3rd party development?

For example on the nExus 4 there is "Franco.Kernel" which seems to offer A LOT of improvement and testing and I absolutely don't want to miss a few of its features (for example screen color calibration). The "only" kernel I saw on the HTC One M8 was faux kernel. For ROM's I saw that Paranoid Android is also avi on the HTC One, but is it also as good as on the Nexus 4/5 ?

Android Revolution HD (the ROM I used on my HTC Desire HD) surely is still a very good ROM but based on the older Android version. So I would prefer PA.

Also I am reading a lot about t-mobile or verizon HTC One M8. Is there any difference to the european version ?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread