[Q] HTC One E8(M8Sw) dual SIM from China Unicom

Search This thread

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
The phone that i have is (should be the HTC One E8) but on the specs it says: HTC M8Sw. It is a dual SIM. It runs on Android 4.4.2. HTC sense version 6.0.

It is from China Unicom, so the google services are not allowed. I tryed to root it. I unlocked the bootloader and i used the One M8 all in one kit from Jasoon. I flashed the TWRP 2.7.0.2 and when i tryed to root it, it didn't work. It is stucked on fastboot mode. I suppose that TWRP was not the godd one. Does any one have suggesion what to do? The phone is no bricked, but i can no go ahead.

ramshidjafar

Jul 13, 2012
Dubai
The phone that i have is (should be the HTC One E8) but on the specs it says: HTC M8Sw. It is a dual SIM. It runs on Android 4.4.2. HTC sense version 6.0.

It is from China Unicom, so the google services are not allowed. I tryed to root it. I unlocked the bootloader and i used the One M8 all in one kit from Jasoon. I flashed the TWRP 2.7.0.2 and when i tryed to root it, it didn't work. It is stucked on fastboot mode. I suppose that TWRP was not the godd one. Does any one have suggesion what to do? The phone is no bricked, but i can no go ahead.

I doubt that M8 tools will work over E8 both are technically different device.
Have you tried to do a RUU flashing? I think flashing with official RUU might help to fix your problem.
Unicom M8Sw official RUU

0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17. 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4.zip

download

Links: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntoLtfr
Password: mtph

Just verify model before flashing:
wudtqzM.jpg

Between have you unlocked your bootloader? and made S-OFF?

Last edited:

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
I doubt that M8 tools will work over E8 both are technically different device.
Have you tried to do a RUU flashing? I think flashing with official RUU might help to fix your problem.

Between have you unlocked your bootloader? and made S-OFF?

The bootloader is unlocked, and still have S-ON. I am stucked on fastboot mode. Comparing with the pic you sent, mien says : TAMPERED
UNLOCKED THe CIN is the same. The only difference is the OS which in my case is 1.18.1402.1
Does anyone know how to get rid of that TAMPERED thing?

Last edited:

ramshidjafar

Jul 13, 2012
Dubai
The bootloader is unlocked, and still have S-ON. I am stucked on fastboot mode. Comparing with the pic you sent, mien says : TAMPERED
UNLOCKED THe CIN is the same. The only difference is the OS which in my case is 1.18.1402.1

Tampered is not at all a problem unless if you are going for a warranty claim, it is caused due to your bootloader unlocking and Recovery flashing it all common. Well, do you have a Micro SD? if so,

>>>> Download and copy the RUU (Link already provided) to your MicroSD, also rename the copied RUU to 0PAJIMG (I believe the original name is "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17. 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4" rename to "0PAJIMG")

>>>> After inserting the Micro SD boot to bootloader mode, I hope it automatically loads the file and initiate the process. This is safe and TAMPERED OR S-ON is not a problem here.

Try this and tell me atleast you can get into your system. The first boot after installation mostly take time, have patience.

Last edited:
Reactions: gokicar

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
Tampered is not at all a problem unless if you are going for a warranty claim, it is caused due to your bootloader unlocking and Recovery flashing it all common. Well, do you have a Micro SD? if so,

>>>> Download and copy the RUU (Link already provided) to your MicroSD, also rename the copied RUU to 0PAJIMG (I believe the original name is "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44_SENSE60_HTCCN_CHS_CU_1.17. 1402.3_
Radio_1.18.30306251.05G_30.57.306251.00_release_38 1279_combined_signed_2_4" rename to "0PAJIMG")

>>>> After inserting the Micro SD boot to bootloader mode, I hope it automatically loads the file and initiate the process. This is safe and TAMPERED OR S-ON is not a problem here.

Try this and tell me atleast you can get into your system. The first boot after installation mostly take time, have patience.

I am not planing to claim warranty. I just wanted to root the phone in order to get rid of the Chinese staff ASAP and install the Google apps. I will get a micro SD and do as you suggest. But i am not sure whether that RUU is good for the phone. It says M8 ACE, referring to single SIM, and mine is a dual SIM. I don't know. Once i do that I will let you know.

Last edited:

ramshidjafar

Jul 13, 2012
Dubai
I am not planing to claim warranty. I just wanted to root the phone in order to get rid of the Chinese staff ASAP and install the Google apps. I will get a micro SD and do as you suggest. But i am not sure whether that RUU is good for the phone. It says M8 ACE, referring to single SIM, and mine is a dual SIM. I don't know. Once i do that I will let you know.

Of cause it is dual SIM "0PAJIMG_M8_ACE_DUGL_K44" stands for Dual SIM variant, it is product RUU name not the model name that we people usually call. I think the "DUGL" makes it Dual SIM variant.

Better than trying the RUU link that I provided see below,

• Try this ROM (It may remove Chinese apps, provide root, etc)

• USE THIS RECOVERY (Optional but 100% E8 Dual SIM Compatible Recovery)

• Installation is same as I said above, all is good only when you get a MicroSD

Source: http://xdaforums.com/one-e8/development/rom-vnonem8sw-t2838147

Last edited:

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014

Additionally, can you explain me why i should go back to original RUU? The phone is not bricked, it works, i can access all the things it came with.I am sorry for asking stupid questions, but i want to understand. Wouldn't it be enough if i re lock the boot loader and install some custom RUU?

ramshidjafar

Jul 13, 2012
Dubai
Additionally, can you explain me why i should go back to original RUU? The phone is not bricked, it works, i can access all the things it came with.I am sorry for asking stupid questions, but i want to understand. Wouldn't it be enough if i re lock the boot loader and install some custom RUU?

See my previous post, you don't need to put the original RUU anymore, my bad I thought you cant use your phone so that starting from beginning is a good start, anyway forget it.

Have a look @ my previous post it is much simpler, download all parts of the RUU and extract to get "0PAJIMG.zip" copy to MicroSD and boot to Bootloader and all good.

After installation you get rid of Chinese apps and You will have root too!

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
See my previous post, you don't need to put the original RUU anymore, my bad I thought you cant use your phone so that starting from beginning is a good start, anyway forget it.

Have a look @ my previous post it is much simpler, download all parts of the RUU and extract to get "0PAJIMG.zip" copy to MicroSD and boot to Bootloader and all good.

After installation you get rid of Chinese apps and You will have root too!

I'll try to do that and i will let you know. Thx once again.

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
I'll try to do that and i will let you know. Thx once again.

So, i download the ROM and Recovery into my PC. I copy the files into Micro SD and rename just the RUU file to 0PAJIMG.zip. Then i insert the Micro SD and boot into bootloader, right? Once i am there, should i move the volume keys to reboot or? Please lead me thoroughly, cause i wouldn't like to be stucked somewhere. Thx

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
So, i download the ROM and Recovery into my PC. I copy the files into Micro SD and rename just the RUU file to 0PAJIMG.zip. Then i insert the Micro SD and boot into bootloader, right? Once i am there, should i move the volume keys to reboot or? Please lead me thoroughly, cause i wouldn't like to be stucked somewhere. And, should i extract the other files as well or just the OPAJIM one?, Should i put them in one folder or just leave them as they are?

gokicar

Aug 25, 2014
So, i download the ROM and Recovery into my PC. I copy the files into Micro SD and rename just the RUU file to 0PAJIMG.zip. Then i insert the Micro SD and boot into bootloader, right? Once i am there, should i move the volume keys to reboot or? Please lead me thoroughly, cause i wouldn't like to be stucked somewhere. And, should i extract the other files as well or just the OPAJIM one?, Should i put them in one folder or just leave them as they are?

it loaded the files but it didn't automatically initiated. Now i have, fastboot, recovery, factory reset, simlock, check smartSD, image CRC and show barcode. Suggestion?

CandymanBMF

Jan 13, 2015
M8Sw = HTC One E8 Dual SIM - China Unicom version

Sorry to butt in, but just had to set the record straight: what you have there is the true E8 Dual SIM from China Unicom. If you still have this phone and still need to root it, I strongly recommend Dr. Oweida's ROM which I also have on my E8 and works like a charm. Lucky for you, you are already S-OFF so you will also have the international Blinkfeed.

Cheers!

Scheber

Mar 31, 2016
i have an HTC one E8 M8sw from china but there is no playstore or google play on it! the is not even HTC market! and i need the playstore please someone help me!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.