Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,666 Members 39,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M8 Camera/Video Recording Bug

Tip us?

CoreyWat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] HTC One M8 Camera/Video Recording Bug

I currently have the HTC One (M8) for Att and have the strangest bug in the HTC stock camera app.
When I go into video mode and hit the "record button", the button will only work EXACTLY every other time.
Now this is what I currently done to try to find a solution to No Avail.
  • Force Closed the app
  • Cleared the Cache
  • Reset the phone many times
  • Factory restored the phone twice.

Now the Google camera works fine, so this seems to be a software issue. I have got the HTC Camera app to work only once
by resetting the phone, and not installing any updates from the play store for the htc apps, and att bloatware.
btw the htc m8 is not rooted, as stock as they come.

If you have any thoughts on how to fix this bug I would GREATLY appreciate it

wnp_79
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 635

DONATE TO ME
I have noticed exactly the same thing. On completely stock phone on 1.54.401.10.

I am learning to double stab the shutter button! Almost certainly a bug HTC need to squash, unless it's in the manual somewhere. Do you also have terrible strobing when you use live HDR mode?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

flyera343
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Try disabling the Google Now/Ok Google available in all screens. I think it interferes with microphone on the video camera. The first press seems to disable the Ok Google listening, then the second press allows recording. It worked for me.. It seems to cause crashing of the camera app in some instances as well, according to the thread here....http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...a-app-t2831209
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyera343 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CoreyWat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyera343 View Post
Try disabling the Google Now/Ok Google available in all screens. I think it interferes with microphone on the video camera. The first press seems to disable the Ok Google listening, then the second press allows recording. It worked for me.. It seems to cause crashing of the camera app in some instances as well, according to the thread here....http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...a-app-t2831209
Oh my God!
Dude thanks so Much!!! Going on vacation in a matter of hours, and it was such a bummer for video not to work right, and after troubleshooting for hours, to find that's my always listening google now was the issue, was so relieving, props bro

flyera343
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks to @komugi for the troubleshooting in the above mentioned thread.... Have a great vacation....

komugi
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyera343 View Post
Thanks to @komugi for the troubleshooting in the above mentioned thread.... Have a great vacation....
Good to know my solution is helping people figure it out. I went through 3-4 wipes/restores/flash to custom roms, thinking it was either Xposed or root causing it to figure it out, lol, so I'm glad that you guys didn't have to go through that.

flyera343
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Good to know my solution is helping people figure it out. I went through 3-4 wipes/restores/flash to custom roms, thinking it was either Xposed or root causing it to figure it out, lol, so I'm glad that you guys didn't have to go through that.
Just for info.. I am on ARHD 7.0, and used velvet.zip to enable Ok Google in all screens. Guess camera 6.0.772726 did not like that.. Any updated camera.apk I tried was not successful either..

CoreyWat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
UPDATE Android 4.4.3 Update Fixes the bug, (Currently I have the Att model) no more issues with google now and video recording, the camera infacts shows the mic from google now stopping with a message

The Following User Says Thank You to CoreyWat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]