Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] htc one m8 downgrade

OP Alxens

31st August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
hey Guys I am new member here and I like this forum actually I hope to be good member here:
my Question is that I have installed the new update for the htc one m8 4.43 and I had simple issues with it so how can I install 4.4.2 again please????
31st August 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 73

380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxens

hey Guys I am new member here and I like this forum actually I hope to be good member here:
my Question is that I have installed the new update for the htc one m8 4.43 and I had simple issues with it so how can I install 4.4.2 again please????

Are you S-OFF or bootloader unlocked? If not you can achieve both by using Sunshine which is an all in one root/s-off/bootloader unlock pretty much. Only downside is it costs $25. If you're using the international variant(which I assume you are since you're posting in international forum) then you can also request an unlock code to unlock your phones bootloader using HTCDev. This however will only allow you to do so much and I recommend Sunshine but either way will work. Once you have either an unlocked bootloader or S-OFF you can flash one of the custom ROM's from the Development section of the M8 forum. If you want stock Sense I recommend using Android Revolution HD, otherwise you can browse there yourself and find something you like.

Take note in order to flash anything you're going to need a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP

TWRP can be found here & CWM can be found here
ARHD(Android Revolution HD) can also be found here

Also here is a good tutorial on how to do these things if you don't already know. I highly recommend doing some research for yourself and truly understanding what you're doing before you actually do any of it. As with anything you should always do your own research before doing something and make sure you're familiar with it and properly equipped to do it(equipped with proper knowledge).
Last edited by S1L3nTShaDoWz; 31st August 2014 at 11:26 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread