FORUMS

How to Listen to Beats 1 on Android Right Now

If you felt a bit left out by Apple launching their own online radio station Beats 1 … more

NVidia SHIELD TV – XDA TV Device Review

The SHIELD TV is a not an Android smartphone device. However, that doesn’t mean it … more

PSA: Having cellular connectivity or texting issues tonight?

You’re not alone…Tonight, many users are experiencing a myriad … more

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

[Q] HTC one M8 OTA update issue lollipop

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By datbeastanon, Junior Member on 3rd February 2015, 06:30 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello all,

I am new to all this, techy stuff, and have recently bought a htc one m8. I had it rooted for me, but I didn't want to pay for GPE. I then found out Lollipop has been released, and tried to get it by going into software info on settings, but I couldn't get the lollipop update, as my phone says 'Your phone software is up to date with the latest version'. I realised that because of my root, my phone wasn't on the same channel as it was on before. I found another way to get lollipop, but that meant buying sunshine for $25. Is there another free alternative? I thought I could unroot my phone, then reroot it, but I do not know how to unroot, get update then reroot. Can I please get help?

3rd February 2015, 08:05 PM |#2  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 10,292

Donate to Me
More
Hi,

Thanks for writing to us at XDA Assist, in order to help you effectively I need to know which variant of the M8 you have please.
3rd February 2015, 08:10 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I have the gsm version
3rd February 2015, 08:13 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Ok, so it's not carrier branded at all?
3rd February 2015, 08:17 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
no its not.

Going back to my question, i have actually found out my fone is on s-off bcus i had to unlock bootloader to root, meanin my fone is rooted with s-off. However, i would like to get gpe on my fone so i can get lollipop. Only issue is, the other methods do it on a normal htc one m8, not on a rooted htc one m8. Are the nethods the same meaning i can use the normal gpe conversion methods on my prerooted htc one m8, or do i need another method?
3rd February 2015, 08:34 PM |#6  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the extra information, I'm actually asking you these questions for a reason, XDA Assist isn't a general technical support section so I needed to know exactly which variant you have in order to have this thread redirected correctly for you.

Please standby while we have your thread/question moved to the appropriate sub-forum for your device.

For future reference you can find your device sub-forum here (bookmark/subscribe this):

HTC One (M8)

Within that section you will find a dedicated q&a sub-forum (this is where your thread is going to be moved to):

One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good luck!

Transmitted via Bacon
4th February 2015, 02:23 AM |#7  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by datbeastanon

no its not.

Going back to my question, i have actually found out my fone is on s-off bcus i had to unlock bootloader to root, meanin my fone is rooted with s-off. However, i would like to get gpe on my fone so i can get lollipop. Only issue is, the other methods do it on a normal htc one m8, not on a rooted htc one m8. Are the nethods the same meaning i can use the normal gpe conversion methods on my prerooted htc one m8, or do i need another method?

Unlocking your bootloader doesn't make you S-Off. Boot into your bootloader to check.
To get into bootloader, turn off your phone. Then hold down the power button plus vol down till your phone boots back up. You'll get a readout there that will tell you if you are S-Off or S-On.
If you can confirm that you are S-Off, I will guide you to converting your phone to GPE.
4th February 2015, 05:32 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

Unlocking your bootloader doesn't make you S-Off. Boot into your bootloader to check.
To get into bootloader, turn off your phone. Then hold down the power button plus vol down till your phone boots back up. You'll get a readout there that will tell you if you are S-Off or S-On.
If you can confirm that you are S-Off, I will guide you to converting your phone to GPE.

Thank you for telling me. I am not on s-off, i am on s-off.i know that firewater has been discontinued, so I have found a free alternative, moonshine. Please guide me through how to gain s-off for free.
4th February 2015, 05:40 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

Thank you for telling me. I am not on s-off, i am on s-off.i know that firewater has been discontinued, so I have found a free alternative, moonshine. Please guide me through how to gain s-off for free.

Apologies, i meant to say i am on s-on. Please guide me on how to get s-off for free using moonshine please. And yes, i mean moonshine, not sunshine. Also,if you know any others free alternatives to gain s-off, please reply to me. If not, please just tell me how to gain s-off using moonshine.
4th February 2015, 10:44 PM |#10  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 10,490

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Apologies, i meant to say i am on s-on. Please guide me on how to get s-off for free using moonshine please. And yes, i mean moonshine, not sunshine. Also,if you know any others free alternatives to gain s-off, please reply to me. If not, please just tell me how to gain s-off using moonshine.

You can't use moonshine. The ONLY way to get s-off on this device is sunshine.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread