OP Spoorman88

1st April 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Hi All,

I went and looked at the HTC One M8 today and was very very impressed. Looking to uograde from an s4 to the M8.

The salesmen said something interesting though and after a little research I am concerned.

He said that 3rd party apps will not be able to access the sd card at all. I know there have been conplaints about this in regards to KitKat.

As I live in Australia all the plans have horribly low data so cloud really isnt an option here, especially to store music and video.

I was just wondering if this were true? Are they able to be installed on the sd? are they able to write to sd?

Thanks for any advice
1st April 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,551

5,205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoorman88

Hi All,

I went and looked at the HTC One M8 today and was very very impressed. Looking to uograde from an s4 to the M8.

The salesmen said something interesting though and after a little research I am concerned.

He said that 3rd party apps will not be able to access the sd card at all. I know there have been conplaints about this in regards to KitKat.

As I live in Australia all the plans have horribly low data so cloud really isnt an option here, especially to store music and video.

I was just wondering if this were true? Are they able to be installed on the sd? are they able to write to sd?

Thanks for any advice

Just tried and yes you can but I am rooted don't know if that's why it moved
1st April 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 191

1,480 posts
More
I'm not rooted. Using solid file explorer, I'm not able to write to the card. Very frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
1st April 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Shanklin
Thanks Meter: 430

878 posts
Donate to Me
More
It's a new security feature of Kit Kat, stops apps from having full read/write access to the whole sd card. The developers just need to update there apps to resolve the issue. I had the same problem moving files across but came across the answer in another thread on here.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ianford10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Melbourne

6 posts
More
What about the camera? Can you change the default storage for that?
2nd April 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,551

5,205 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoorman88

What about the camera? Can you change the default storage for that?

Yes you can
7th April 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #7  

1 posts
Is there anyway to restore write on SD Card capabilities? Did anyone proove it?
2nd May 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #8  
Middlesbrough
Thanks Meter: 25

81 posts
I have just got a HTC one m8 it's not rooted(yet) I can save photos to the sd card but cant copy from internal to it. I can't even create a folder in the ext sd card where is the stock file manager I can only see Polaris if that's what it's called If I try to copy a file in that app it will not even show the ext sd card. Help any one
2nd May 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #9  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,661

8,973 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4ULM4C

I have just got a HTC one m8 it's not rooted(yet) I can save photos to the sd card but cant copy from internal to it. I can't even create a folder in the ext sd card where is the stock file manager I can only see Polaris if that's what it's called If I try to copy a file in that app it will not even show the ext sd card. Help any one

root it..
4th May 2014, 10:22 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 29

187 posts
This is a feature of google kitkat 4.4.2. Anyway is supposed to work with default file manager. If not, you need to root and instal Sdfix from play store.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

"Feature"

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread