Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,134 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One M8 : Unable to update to 4.4.3

Tip us?

iWinDroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One M8 : Unable to update to 4.4.3

I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140731_222104683.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (183.8 KB, 151 views)

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Was the phone purchased new from a reputable seller? Meaning, is it possible a previous owner unlocked the bootloader (root, s-off, etc.), than changed the LOCKED and S-ON flags?

If not, its very odd indeed to have TAMPERED if it was purchased new from your carrier or similar reliable source.

What happens if you select HBOOT from the menu and go into recovery?
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

mathrania
Old
Thanks Meter 574
The top line says tempered... Might be unlocked or the recovery is not stock... Try doing whats written in the Post above mine...
Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3610 > Nokia 3650 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Sony Ericsson K800 > Nokia N73 > Nokia N95 > Sony Ericsson W960i > Nokia E90 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC DESIRE HD > HTC SENSATION > HTC ONE X >>> HTC ONE

If my post is useful to you, then hit the "THANKS" button please

technogeek82
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWinDroid View Post
I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

IDK how I got the tampered banner off mine. I do not have S-off so I couldn't do any of the tricks, I think Locking the bootloader, flashing stock recovery, and flashing the stock ruu must of done the trick.