[Q] HTC One M8 : Unable to update to 4.4.3

OP iWinDroid

4th August 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140731_222104683.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (183.8 KB, 151 views)
4th August 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,120

7,039 posts
Was the phone purchased new from a reputable seller? Meaning, is it possible a previous owner unlocked the bootloader (root, s-off, etc.), than changed the LOCKED and S-ON flags?

If not, its very odd indeed to have TAMPERED if it was purchased new from your carrier or similar reliable source.

What happens if you select HBOOT from the menu and go into recovery?
5th August 2014, 08:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai / Surat
Thanks Meter: 585

2,019 posts
More
The top line says tempered... Might be unlocked or the recovery is not stock... Try doing whats written in the Post above mine...
8th August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #4  
Flag AK Rowdy Rowdy North Side Summit County.
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iWinDroid

I have downloaded the full update of about 650 MB. But now I'm unable to install the update. When I go to Install now option, it ends up on the Bootloader menu. It shows Tampered Locked Security warning (see pictures). I neither tried to root the device nor tried to unlock the bootloader . I don't know what to do now. Any kind of help will be appreciated.

IDK how I got the tampered banner off mine. I do not have S-off so I couldn't do any of the tricks, I think Locking the bootloader, flashing stock recovery, and flashing the stock ruu must of done the trick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread