FORUMS

HTC One M8 Updating/custom rom

16 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By SpaceGold, Junior Member on 21st February 2015, 01:59 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Android is definitely, for me, one of the hardest to understand when it comes to updating when rooted. Maybe because I just don't do it often.

Carrier is Rogers, v4.4.3 using the Android Revolution HD. Rom v2.22.401.5. Its rooted and s-off.

I saw that the new lollipop update was out and want to update to it. As far as what to do to get that, and still have AR HD and root, well, I don't know where to begin. I've owned an iphone before and jailbraking that was just easy.
However, with an android phone, I'm not quite sure. Rooting it was a challenge, having to go through many posts and then trying to figure out the update I need for the phone based on the carrier I was with, it sucked.

What I need help with, well, I'm just looking for an easy ensure. Maybe a guide if its not that simple. I'm kind of hoping that just by downloading AR HD and installing it that would be it!? Sooo, is it that simple? What would the steps be to updating my HTC One M8 from 4.4.3 to lollipop, while keeping root, and s-off (what ever s-off is again) and then installing AR HD.

My apologies for asking what to me seams like a lot. I just don't know where to begin.

Thank you,
SpaceGold

Edit:
I recall I had to download something... I don't remember what it was. Something to do with fastboot or updating the phone...

Just want to confirm. Downloading AR HD with 5.0.1 and running it, would that do what I want, or do I need to update the phone first?
Last edited by SpaceGold; 21st February 2015 at 02:32 AM.

21st February 2015, 03:48 AM |#2  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGold

Android is definitely, for me, one of the hardest to understand when it comes to updating when rooted. Maybe because I just don't do it often.

Carrier is Rogers, v4.4.3 using the Android Revolution HD. Rom v2.22.401.5. Its rooted and s-off.

I saw that the new lollipop update was out and want to update to it. As far as what to do to get that, and still have AR HD and root, well, I don't know where to begin. I've owned an iphone before and jailbraking that was just easy.
However, with an android phone, I'm not quite sure. Rooting it was a challenge, having to go through many posts and then trying to figure out the update I need for the phone based on the carrier I was with, it sucked.

What I need help with, well, I'm just looking for an easy ensure. Maybe a guide if its not that simple. I'm kind of hoping that just by downloading AR HD and installing it that would be it!? Sooo, is it that simple? What would the steps be to updating my HTC One M8 from 4.4.3 to lollipop, while keeping root, and s-off (what ever s-off is again) and then installing AR HD.

My apologies for asking what to me seams like a lot. I just don't know where to begin.

Thank you,
SpaceGold

Edit:
I recall I had to download something... I don't remember what it was. Something to do with fastboot or updating the phone...

Just want to confirm. Downloading AR HD with 5.0.1 and running it, would that do what I want, or do I need to update the phone first?

Dude.
It's simple.
Download this firmware.
Using a file explorer, rename it to 0P6BIMG.zip (that's a zero, not the letter)
Put it onto the root of your extSD (by root of I mean just on the card, not in a folder)
Get into your bootloader and choose hboot
Follow the prompts (vol up to flash, power button to reboot)
Congratulations! You now have Lollipop firmware.
Be sure to delete that file off of your extSD, otherwise ever time you boot into hboot, it will try to update again.
Now you can flash all the new cool Lolly ROMs.
The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2015, 03:53 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Edit:
Alright, got it working through bootloader... It did the update but no change. Thank you for your help.

Lol, that does sound easy. Sooo, this would be for all carriers including rogers? And I get to keep root and s-off? And just to add to my ignorance... Bootloader? Thats TWRP?

Why the name 0P6BIMG? I'll name it that, I'm just curious.

Edit:
How do you know what you need to download, there are so many things on this website, how do you know what update is for what... Super confusing

As an example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post51536075
I have no idea what to make of all these, they seem like they are for the order updates...
Last edited by SpaceGold; 21st February 2015 at 05:30 AM.
21st February 2015, 09:46 PM |#4  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,353

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGold

Edit:
Alright, got it working through bootloader... It did the update but no change. Thank you for your help.

Lol, that does sound easy. Sooo, this would be for all carriers including rogers? And I get to keep root and s-off? And just to add to my ignorance... Bootloader? Thats TWRP?

Why the name 0P6BIMG? I'll name it that, I'm just curious.

Edit:
How do you know what you need to download, there are so many things on this website, how do you know what update is for what... Super confusing

As an example, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post51536075
I have no idea what to make of all these, they seem like they are for the order updates...

There won't be a change that you will notice. The firmware makes it so that your phone can run a Lollipop based ROM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread