[Q] HTc One M8t (China) root and HTC Sense original?

OP CrimeRider93

13th July 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi XDA

Im lost! I bought the HTC One M8t in China today, in a real store, so its not a fake. Im on vacation in China and come from Denmark.

I belived it would just be plug'n'play with this phone, but since its bought in china there is a lot of chinese apps and no Play store

I asked around and i realised i will have to root the phone. Im a totel rookie and i have never done it before, so i hope you guys can lead me in the right direction.

Questions:
1. How do i root my HTC One M8t?
2. Can i get the original HTC Sense from my region (Denmark/Europe) on my phone?
2.1 If yes, how do i do that?
2.2 If no, can i get Android L on my phone?

I really hope someone can help me, i am totally lost and really frustrated since i thought it would be an easy task to get it up and running.

//Crime
7th August 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Help is here...kind of
Hey CrimeRider93.

I've been reading up on this topic because I've just landed myself in the same situation.

So, I managed to root my M8t but I haven't managed to flash another ROM (like your Danish one) to it yet. The reason for this is because I can't get rid of the S-ON on the phone which stops you from installing custom ROMs. To my knowledge, although I'm still searching, there isn't a way yet.

The slightly good news is that you can put a ROM that was designed specifically for the M8t on it but I haven't managed to find one with Google Play etc. yet.

So in conclusion, you can root your phone but you can't put anything useful on it yet (that I know of).

I hope I've cleared things up a little and if you'd like an explanation on how to root the M8t I'd be happy to tell you, just let me know.
8th August 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 89

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwprice80

Hey CrimeRider93.
So, I managed to root my M8t but I haven't managed to flash another ROM (like your Danish one) to it yet. The reason for this is because I can't get rid of the S-ON on the phone which stops you from installing custom ROMs. To my knowledge, although I'm still searching, there isn't a way yet.

If you already managed to root (meaning you obtained bootloader unlock and custom recovery) you could try to s-off with firewater. If firewater doesn't work for your M8 you can try sunshine s-off, as I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimeRider93

Questions:
1. How do i root my HTC One M8t?
2. Can i get the original HTC Sense from my region (Denmark/Europe) on my phone?
2.1 If yes, how do i do that?
2.2 If no, can i get Android L on my phone?

To obtain root you have to unlock bootloader (e.g. via htcdev.com) and install a custom recover (my personal choice was TWRP). After this you can flash root with your "new" recovery.

After this you have to s-off your device (see my answer above).

If you ar finally s-off you can download a stock HTC backup of the European (WWE) ROM as well as the fitting firmware.

Next step would be to perform a TWRP backup of your device and place the above mentioned ROM backup in your TWRP/Backup/H..../ folder on your HTC One M8 and rebooting back into recovery.

In recovery you can now backup to your dowloaded stock ROM and again reboot to bootloader.

The last two steps are to change the CID to a European (WWE) one (e.g. HTC__102) and after this flashing the firmware in RUU mode.

For a more detailed guide just search on this forums, or simply ask your questions. I'll try to help as good as passible. Remenber I'm not to blame for a brick of your smartphones, should something go wrong during one of the steps.
Last edited by HTCNerdYoda; 27th August 2014 at 10:45 PM.
9th August 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
That doesn't work for the M8t
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

If you already managed to root (meaning you obtained bootloader unlock and custom recovery) you could try to s-off with firewater. If firewater doesn't work for your M8 you can try sunshine s-off, as I did.

To obtain root you have to unlock bootloader (e.g. via htcdev.com) and install a custom recover (my personal choice was TWRP). After this you can flash root with your "new" recovery.

After this you have to s-off your device (see my answer above).

If you ar finally s-off you can download a stock HTC backup of the European (WWE) ROM as well as the fitting firmware.

Next step would be to perform a TWRP backup of your device and place the above mentioned ROM backup in your TWRP/Backup/H..../ folder on your HTC One M8 and rebooting back into recovery.

In recovery you can now backup to your dowloaded stock ROM and again reboot to bootloader.

The last two steps are to change the CID to a European (WWE) one (e.g. HTC__102) and after this flashing the firmware in RUU mode.

For a more detailed guide just search on this forums, or simply ask your questions. I'll try to help as good as passible. Remenber I'm not to blame for a brick of your smartphones, should something go wrong during one of the steps.

If I was of any help to you two don't forget to hit the thanks button
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

HTCOne M8 Gunmetal: Sunshine S-Off, firmware stock 2.22.401.4, rooted with Chainfire SuperSu, CID HTC__102 (comin' from T-MOB101, 1.70.111.1)

HTCOne M8 Silver: HTCDev Unlock, S-On, ARHD/ViperOne (M8) (ever switchin'), firmware 1.54.401.10, CID HTC__102

-----

Previous devices: HTC Desire (S-Off, CWM, Cyanogenmod), HTC Sensation (HTCDev Unlock, S-On, CMW, Chainfire SuperSU, Stock firmware), HTC One X (firewater S-Off, TWRP, Cyanogen) and HTC One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne).

Recovery - You need a special custom recovery for the M8t, I used this one:
http :// bbs. anzhi. com/ thread-8936202-1-1.htmlRemove the spaces, I'm a new member

S-OFF - That method works for most version of the M8 but not he M8t, (though I didn't try sunshine).

I've managed to get Google play using Soul 2.0 which was made especiall for the M8t
27th August 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
For the M8t, there is a easier way for Google Play service (gmail, map... etc),

Just search "GMS安装器" from HTC App store or Baidu App store. Then you are good to go.

As for the ROM, yeah... I am hoping to find some idiot step-by-step tutorial to teach me how to do so. Wonder if any kernal or recovery or rom on the forum can be used on HTC One M8t? Also the phone is using TD-SCDMA and TDD-LTE, are those firmware or rom designed specifically for the hardware of FDD-LTE and WCDMA?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread