Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Back-up service dont works on wifi after update android 4.4.3

Tip us?

Justin2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Default [Q] HTC Back-up service dont works on wifi after update android 4.4.3

After the update to Android 4.4.3 my M8 cannot make backups with the HTC Back-up service on Wi-Fi. On LTE it works well.
I become the following message:The HTC backup service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. (Translated with Google)

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Not sure which carrier you have but im on TMO stock M8 with the new 4.4.3 update and i just performed a back up on WiFi using the HTC Backup.
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users

andregardner
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin2003 View Post
After the update to Android 4.4.3 my M8 cannot make backups with the HTC Back-up service on Wi-Fi. On LTE it works well.
I become the following message:The HTC backup service is unavailable at this time. Please try again later. (Translated with Google)
Stock ROM?

Aukutsutsu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I haven't had any luck with the HTC backup lately. It seems to get part way and fail. It I run it manually it gives me a generic could not reach HTC backup service error.

Justin2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
I am complete stock rom with S-Off and Super CID. The problem is not the WiFi because it dont works now with LTE.

Justin2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aukutsutsu View Post
I haven't had any luck with the HTC backup lately. It seems to get part way and fail. It I run it manually it gives me a generic could not reach HTC backup service error.
Thats the same error.

HTCNerdYoda
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin2003 View Post
Thats the same error.
I never encountert the error but read of it on a German forum. They went through the following for a solution:

1) clear htc backup data under settings APPs
2) clear play services data under settings APPs for those who use Google account to backup (maybe also dropbox for those on dropbox)
3) rename phone

After those steps they set up HTC backup again and it worked.

Some of them wiped cache as well prior to setting up backup again, but doesn't make sense for me in this case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).

Justin2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda View Post
I never encountert the error but read of it on a German forum. They went through the following for a solution:

1) clear htc backup data under settings APPs
2) clear play services data under settings APPs for those who use Google account to backup (maybe also dropbox for those on dropbox)
3) rename phone

After those steps they set up HTC backup again and it worked.

Some of them wiped cache as well prior to setting up backup again, but doesn't make sense for me in this case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
It do not work for me. My wife's M7 have the same problem after update Android 4.4.3

Tags
android, back-up, htc