FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] I think I'm in so much trouble.... Need help please!

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By KodoKevin123, Junior Member on 30th May 2015, 08:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys,
I dropped my HTC One M8 today, and now it has a crack in the screen.
Well, I wanted to go back to the store to get it replaced under warranty, but I needed to unroot & go back to stock first.
So at home I tried to go back to stock and stuff, but it just didn't work. That is where **** hit the fan.
Right now, I can't boot into Android, can't boot intro recovery. Everytime I start my phone it boots into FASTBOOT USB, and I have the following screen: *see attachment*

I really don't know what to do, I've been searching for serveral hours and my guess is I hard-bricked it...

Please, please tell me there is a way to make it boot into android again...?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150530_213042.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	3339945  
 
 
30th May 2015, 08:51 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodoKevin123

Hey guys,
I dropped my HTC One M8 today, and now it has a crack in the screen.
Well, I wanted to go back to the store to get it replaced under warranty, but I needed to unroot & go back to stock first.
So at home I tried to go back to stock and stuff, but it just didn't work. That is where **** hit the fan.
Right now, I can't boot into Android, can't boot intro recovery. Everytime I start my phone it boots into FASTBOOT USB, and I have the following screen: *see attachment*

I really don't know what to do, I've been searching for serveral hours and my guess is I hard-bricked it...

Please, please tell me there is a way to make it boot into android again...?

Did you try to run a ruu? See if you can find a ruu for your device model and carrier you can run ruu.exe from a windows computer in fast boot USB mode
30th May 2015, 08:58 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbell101584

Did you try to run a ruu? See if you can find a ruu for your device model and carrier you can run ruu.exe from a windows computer in fast boot USB mode

I've tried to find the correct RUU, but everytime I get an error along these lines: 'Could not verify signature'
Where could I find a correct RUU?
30th May 2015, 09:15 PM |#4  
xunholyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,457
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodoKevin123

Hey guys,
I dropped my HTC One M8 today, and now it has a crack in the screen.
Well, I wanted to go back to the store to get it replaced under warranty, but I needed to unroot & go back to stock first.
So at home I tried to go back to stock and stuff, but it just didn't work. That is where **** hit the fan.
Right now, I can't boot into Android, can't boot intro recovery. Everytime I start my phone it boots into FASTBOOT USB, and I have the following screen: *see attachment*

I really don't know what to do, I've been searching for serveral hours and my guess is I hard-bricked it...

Please, please tell me there is a way to make it boot into android again...?

Do you still have TWRP installed? Boot into recovery from your bootloader, and restore a backup. (You should have made one before you tried returning to stock)
30th May 2015, 09:20 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xunholyx

Do you still have TWRP installed? Boot into recovery from your bootloader, and restore a backup. (You should have made one before you tried returning to stock)

I can't boot into recovery, it goes back to FASTBOOT / HBOOT every time.
30th May 2015, 09:25 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodoKevin123

I've tried to find the correct RUU, but everytime I get an error along these lines: 'Could not verify signature'
Where could I find a correct RUU?

I got the one I use from HTC website I'm on T-Mobile and it works just fine for me maybe try changing your cid to supercid then run ruu

Did you check the ruu thread in m8 general forum
30th May 2015, 09:38 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbell101584

I got the one I use from HTC website I'm on T-Mobile and it works just fine for me maybe try changing your cid to supercid then run ruu

Did you check the ruu thread in m8 general forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701376 If you are talking about this thread, yes I checked it.

I downloaded several RUU's and they all say : 'MODEL-ID error, please download the correct RUU for your device'
I am going to try to change the CID to SuperCid but don't think it will work since I can't change my S-ON to S-OFF
30th May 2015, 09:50 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodoKevin123

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2701376 If you are talking about this thread, yes I checked it.

I downloaded several RUU's and they all say : 'MODEL-ID error, please download the correct RUU for your device'
I am going to try to change the CID to SuperCid but don't think it will work since I can't change my S-ON to S-OFF

Yea being s-on I don't think you can what is your cid and what carrier do you have maybe someone can modify one of the ruus to work with your cid cause it seems the ruu is checking your cid and it doesn't match for the ruu so it isn't working. Have you tried reflashing twrp and seeing if you can enter recovery again then maybe restore one of the backups from the backups thread. I don't know how much help I can actually be cause I'm just a flasher hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge can jump in and help you I'm just suggesting what I would do in your situation. I hope you get your phone booted again though
30th May 2015, 09:53 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Omg i did it
I just started the whole process again of unlocking my bootloader and stuff, using the AOI Toolkit, and I am in the PhiliZ Touch CLockworkmod now ! Thank you all for helping me, I will carefully unroot now and bring my phone back
30th May 2015, 09:58 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbell101584

Yea being s-on I don't think you can what is your cid and what carrier do you have maybe someone can modify one of the ruus to work with your cid cause it seems the ruu is checking your cid and it doesn't match for the ruu so it isn't working. Have you tried reflashing twrp and seeing if you can enter recovery again then maybe restore one of the backups from the backups thread. I don't know how much help I can actually be cause I'm just a flasher hopefully someone with more experience and knowledge can jump in and help you I'm just suggesting what I would do in your situation. I hope you get your phone booted again though

I just got it working again, I am going to be so freaking carefull this time :S
30th May 2015, 10:26 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodoKevin123

I just got it working again, I am going to be so freaking carefull this time :S

Glad to hear I didn't think it was hard bricked but I know it's a real frustrating feeling when you can't boot into anything

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes