Ask a question

No registration required

Problem Installing Viper Rom 1.7.1 through CWM

OP Bhavesh Mistry

5th July 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

17 posts
Trying to install Viper ROM 1.7.1 on my HTC M8 through CWM but the screen seems to fade away & gets completely overlaped & not readable... If still proceed further and complete the install it gets stuck in bootloops ... tried thrice every time its the same. My phone is Unlocked & Rooted but am not able to get the S-Off work. OS build inumber is 1.60.708.2.

Attached are the pics taken while in recovery... TWRP not able to download gets stuck at 99.99%, if anyone can please provide img file on drive if incase the problem lies with CWM.

Looking ahead for assistance ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140706_010946.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	204.9 KB
ID:	2834705   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140706_010955.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	2834706  
5th July 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 216

594 posts
Problem is with cwm as viper has aroma installer. You need twrp. I just tried to download from official site and it worked fine for me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to an0ther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th July 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by an0ther

Problem is with cwm as viper has aroma installer. You need twrp. I just tried to download from official site and it worked fine for me.

Though so it could be recovery problem, but two points in mind:

1. The link from where I got the CWM recovery, showed a video tutorial wherein he got installed Viper One 1.6.0 through CWM ... I'm having S-On but I don't think that could be an issue for installing ROM or particular with the issue that I'm facing. So most probably it has to do with Recovery.

2. Trying to download TWRP 2.7.1.0 or even with TWRP 2.7.0.2 I'm facing with the similar issue, the download comes and halts at 99.99% can't get through ahead of this. So please if someone can just post ME a latest TWRP img on drive for download it would be really nice & helpful.
6th July 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 216

594 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhavesh Mistry

Though so it could be recovery problem, but two points in mind:

1. The link from where I got the CWM recovery, showed a video tutorial wherein he got installed Viper One 1.6.0 through CWM ... I'm having S-On but I don't think that could be an issue for installing ROM or particular with the issue that I'm facing. So most probably it has to do with Recovery.

2. Trying to download TWRP 2.7.1.0 or even with TWRP 2.7.0.2 I'm facing with the similar issue, the download comes and halts at 99.99% can't get through ahead of this. So please if someone can just post ME a latest TWRP img on drive for download it would be really nice & helpful.

S_on doesn't matter. I just tried download again and it it's still working perfect. Try downloading with another device or browser. It is again xda rules to share developer files.

6th July 2014, 03:41 PM   |  #5  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 18

327 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Trying to install Viper ROM 1.7.1 on my HTC M8 through CWM but the screen seems to fade away & gets completely overlaped & not readable... If still proceed further and complete the install it gets stuck in bootloops ... tried thrice every time its the same. My phone is Unlocked & Rooted but am not able to get the S-Off work. OS build inumber is 1.60.708.2.

Attached are the pics taken while in recovery... TWRP not able to download gets stuck at 99.99%, if anyone can please provide img file on drive if incase the problem lies with CWM.

Looking ahead for assistance ?

I spent hole day with same issue yesterday. But was able to download twrp ok. I suspect cwm is not working with m8. Adding to this prob i also had a dodgy sd card in my phone.
Suggest you look for another download source or download one of the easy root tools and pull twrp zip from that.
Once you get twrp flashed to your phone you will be able to flash rom. I also flashed boot.img
Last edited by veroby; 6th July 2014 at 03:47 PM.
7th July 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veroby

I spent hole day with same issue yesterday. But was able to download twrp ok. I suspect cwm is not working with m8. Adding to this prob i also had a dodgy sd card in my phone.
Suggest you look for another download source or download one of the easy root tools and pull twrp zip from that.
Once you get twrp flashed to your phone you will be able to flash rom. I also flashed boot.img

Trying to get TWRP but in vain ... Still not able to get through that 99.99% mark. I'm trying to download it from genuine site which takes Me to following link 'http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m8.img"

I'm exhausted trying & so would rest for someday. Is there any other source to download ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bhavesh Mistry For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #7  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 18

327 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Trying to get TWRP but in vain ... Still not able to get through that 99.99% mark. I'm trying to download it from genuine site which takes Me to following link 'http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/m8/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.0-m8.img"

I'm exhausted trying & so would rest for someday. Is there any other source to download ?

As i quoted the easy root tools. Just download the zip and pull from there.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread