Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,594 Members 39,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why the long bootup time?

Tip us?

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakout View Post
Thanks for the useful post. I m running the stock HTC ROM (4.4.3, just got it today, rooted it and updated OTA), do you know if that FW will work with HTC's ROM as well?
The firmware on your device should work well with any 2.xx Sense ROM (as well as GPE or AOSP).
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)

krakout
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
The firmware on your device should work well with any 2.xx Sense ROM (as well as GPE or AOSP).
Apologies, not sure exactly what you mean... you mean I can flash that FW on my HTC-ROM device as well with no problem?

Apologies again

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
Quote:
Apologies, not sure exactly what you mean... you mean I can flash that FW on my HTC-ROM device as well with no problem?

Apologies again
If you updated by OTA to 4.4.3, the latest firmware is already on your device, and you need not take any further action to run 2.xx based Sense ROMs.

You can verify by looking at hboot and baseband on the bootloader screen. Hboot should be 3.18, and radio baseband should be 1.19. If so, you are on the latest firmware.

Also, in general OTA will include the firmware what matches the OS software contained in the OTA.

The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krakout
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
If you updated by OTA to 4.4.3, the latest firmware is already on your device, and you need not take any further action to run 2.xx based Sense ROMs.

You can verify by looking at hboot and baseband on the bootloader screen. Hboot should be 3.18, and radio baseband should be 1.19. If so, you are on the latest firmware.

Also, in general OTA will include the firmware what matches the OS software contained in the OTA.
Ah, thanks for the clarification!

Versions on mine are as you stated them, which is too bad because I still have the slow boot issue. Like waaaay too slow!

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,985
Quote:

Versions on mine are as you stated them, which is too bad because I still have the slow boot issue. Like waaaay too slow!
Odd, slow boot times associated with the outdated firmware were something like 5-10 minutes. Is yours that slow?

I haven't run a truly stock ROM for a while. But mine boots up in a minute or so from a full restart.

krakout
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Odd, slow boot times associated with the outdated firmware were something like 5-10 minutes. Is yours that slow?

I haven't run a truly stock ROM for a while. But mine boots up in a minute or so from a full restart.
Er.... wtf. I just rebooted after checking the HBoot version and it booted right away (25 secs or so) for the first time Before that it would get stuck at the first white HTC screen for minutes on end. Only thing I changed was that I installed the HandleExternalStorage module of Xposed, but I don't think this is relevant...