Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Why the long bootup time?

OP TarekElsakka

4th September 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #11  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,373

7,763 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakout

Thanks for the useful post. I m running the stock HTC ROM (4.4.3, just got it today, rooted it and updated OTA), do you know if that FW will work with HTC's ROM as well?

The firmware on your device should work well with any 2.xx Sense ROM (as well as GPE or AOSP).
4th September 2014, 07:25 PM   |  #12  
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 39

808 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

The firmware on your device should work well with any 2.xx Sense ROM (as well as GPE or AOSP).

Apologies, not sure exactly what you mean... you mean I can flash that FW on my HTC-ROM device as well with no problem?

Apologies again
4th September 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor

7,763 posts
Quote:

Apologies, not sure exactly what you mean... you mean I can flash that FW on my HTC-ROM device as well with no problem?

Apologies again

If you updated by OTA to 4.4.3, the latest firmware is already on your device, and you need not take any further action to run 2.xx based Sense ROMs.

You can verify by looking at hboot and baseband on the bootloader screen. Hboot should be 3.18, and radio baseband should be 1.19. If so, you are on the latest firmware.

Also, in general OTA will include the firmware what matches the OS software contained in the OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #14  
Flag Athens, Greece

808 posts
More
Quote:

If you updated by OTA to 4.4.3, the latest firmware is already on your device, and you need not take any further action to run 2.xx based Sense ROMs.

You can verify by looking at hboot and baseband on the bootloader screen. Hboot should be 3.18, and radio baseband should be 1.19. If so, you are on the latest firmware.

Also, in general OTA will include the firmware what matches the OS software contained in the OTA.

Ah, thanks for the clarification!

Versions on mine are as you stated them, which is too bad because I still have the slow boot issue. Like waaaay too slow!
4th September 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor

7,763 posts
Quote:

Versions on mine are as you stated them, which is too bad because I still have the slow boot issue. Like waaaay too slow!

Odd, slow boot times associated with the outdated firmware were something like 5-10 minutes. Is yours that slow?

I haven't run a truly stock ROM for a while. But mine boots up in a minute or so from a full restart.
4th September 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #16  
Flag Athens, Greece

808 posts
More
Quote:

Odd, slow boot times associated with the outdated firmware were something like 5-10 minutes. Is yours that slow?

I haven't run a truly stock ROM for a while. But mine boots up in a minute or so from a full restart.

Er.... wtf. I just rebooted after checking the HBoot version and it booted right away (25 secs or so) for the first time Before that it would get stuck at the first white HTC screen for minutes on end. Only thing I changed was that I installed the HandleExternalStorage module of Xposed, but I don't think this is relevant...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread