Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE bands help.

Tip us?

Willham89
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default LTE bands help.

I recently won a m8 in a contest. And through lots of searching I'm stuck, I live in the UK and my phone is from the US. I want to know if my phone has the right hardware to get lte on bands 3 and 7 as I'm on ee. But I cannot find out anywhere what hardware is inside the device, any suggestions? Thanks.

mr.loverlover
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Check the preferred network (in settings) if you can enable lte connectivity.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
Devices until now:
SE K600i ->SE G900 -> Xperia X10 -> Sgs 2 -> Note n7000 -> Lg L9 II D605 -> s4 zoom -> Note 2 N7105 -> Note 2 N7100 -> Xperia Z -> S4 Zoom -> Lg G2 -> Xperia Z1 -> Galaxy S4 -> Xperia Z1 (White) -> Htc One M8

romanch
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default LTE Bands

Hi!! a have the HTC OneŽ Developer Edition (M8) and this supports the followings Bands in LTE: LTE Quad Band (Bands 17/4/2/5).
Check the exact model of your M8, with this tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tter&hl=es-419
Cid code is needed to find your exact model and get the description of networks supporting.
Roman Ch.

Toshiba e350, Imate JAM, E-ten M600, TyTN II, Touch Pro, Touch Pro II, HD2 , EVO 3D, Sensation XL, OneX, OneX+, One M7 UL, One M8....

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willham89 View Post
I recently won a m8 in a contest. And through lots of searching I'm stuck, I live in the UK and my phone is from the US. I want to know if my phone has the right hardware to get lte on bands 3 and 7 as I'm on ee. But I cannot find out anywhere what hardware is inside the device, any suggestions? Thanks.
Any carrier branding (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile) on the outside of the phone or on the OS (splash screen, etc.)? Mosts US M8s are branded, aside from Dev Edition, unlocked, or GPE.

As long as its a GSM M8 (Verizon and Sprint are CDMA/GSM) in theory you should be able to flash a different radio to get the proper band compatibility, even if your model doesn't officially support the needed LTE band (unlocking of bootloader and S-off required).
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)