LTE bands help.

OP Willham89

27th August 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

3 posts
I recently won a m8 in a contest. And through lots of searching I'm stuck, I live in the UK and my phone is from the US. I want to know if my phone has the right hardware to get lte on bands 3 and 7 as I'm on ee. But I cannot find out anywhere what hardware is inside the device, any suggestions? Thanks.
28th August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

97 posts
More
Check the preferred network (in settings) if you can enable lte connectivity.

Sent from HTC One m8, or maybe not anymore
28th August 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Lima
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
LTE Bands
Hi!! a have the HTC OneŽ Developer Edition (M8) and this supports the followings Bands in LTE: LTE Quad Band (Bands 17/4/2/5).
Check the exact model of your M8, with this tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tter&hl=es-419
Cid code is needed to find your exact model and get the description of networks supporting.
28th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,123

7,061 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willham89

I recently won a m8 in a contest. And through lots of searching I'm stuck, I live in the UK and my phone is from the US. I want to know if my phone has the right hardware to get lte on bands 3 and 7 as I'm on ee. But I cannot find out anywhere what hardware is inside the device, any suggestions? Thanks.

Any carrier branding (Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile) on the outside of the phone or on the OS (splash screen, etc.)? Mosts US M8s are branded, aside from Dev Edition, unlocked, or GPE.

As long as its a GSM M8 (Verizon and Sprint are CDMA/GSM) in theory you should be able to flash a different radio to get the proper band compatibility, even if your model doesn't officially support the needed LTE band (unlocking of bootloader and S-off required).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread