T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

M8 with Android Revolution HD 10.2

OP SpaceGold

29th August 2014, 05:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
I have some what of an odd problem with battery life and this rom. I've looked all over the net with just battery problems, and tried a few things. The most common problem I had when I was on 9.1 of this rom was my phone radio was always using around 40% of power even when wifi and data was off or just having one or the other on.

With 10.2 the battery life is much better, so was with 9.1 when I first installed it. I'm very new to this, this is my first rom, my first root.

First couple of days of installing the 9.1 AR HD my phone would be 100% through the whole night, and I'm talking 8+ hours of no use with 100%, not plugged in. Couple of weeks of use, and every night I would start losing 10%. I install the 10.2 AR HD update and again, phone lives through the night without even losing a single percent, then slowly starts losing more and more every new day when asleep.

A new install usually last me about a week and a half of battery life, then slowly starts draining faster where the battery is only good for a couple of days. What is causing such a major decrease in battery? Should I try clearing anything in the restore UI like catch and delvik, not sure what the second one was called?

I use the phone mostly for music, a phone call here and there, texting. And like I said, the very first install or update would get me about a week and a half, then starts degrading.

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by SpaceGold; 29th August 2014 at 05:20 PM.
29th August 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nicosia
Thanks Meter: 311

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Maybe a rogue app? Did you try not to install any apps after a factory reset to see if you have the same behaviour? You can also install an app like Gsam battery monitor or betterbatterystats which will tell you what is draining your battery
29th August 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Yes, I have gsam, and that's where I knew the phone radio was being used at 40%, everything else looked normal. I also don't have many apps installed.

But like I said, the battery performance degrades after a week. I could start uninstalling things, don't think that would help me much as I only have less then 6-8 apps.
29th August 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
Flag Nicosia

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try installing betterbatterystats. The partial wakelocks setting might give you more info

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

By the way do you have some Gsam screenshots to share? Maybe your phone signal is low and that's what's eating the battery
29th August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
much hshysfo
Ok, so I cannot post links yet or anything like that. So maybe this will work.

postimg dot org /gallery/cjkm4ykg/eda285ed/
29th August 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #6  
Flag Nicosia

1,208 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGold

Ok, so I cannot post links yet or anything like that. So maybe this will work.

postimg dot org /gallery/cjkm4ykg/eda285ed/

Seriously I wish I had your stats. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your phone. 18 % in 19 hours is fantastic. What you see as radio 21h there is the same as phone active. Basically if your phone is not on airplane mode then radio is active. Nothing to worry about
29th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
I only did the update a day ago from 9.1 to 10.2. The problem I had with 9.1 was that after a few weeks of use, the battery life started to get bad. Which is why I'm trying to figure out if there is anything I could try when or if it starts happening again.

Or to be more precise, what would cause the phone to be so good for the first week of installing the rom then start degrading. Because that just makes no sense.
Last edited by SpaceGold; 29th August 2014 at 06:16 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread