Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

just got the M8 on bell

Tip us?

Yuskow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default just got the M8 on bell

Hey guys. Not my first android phone. Had the vivid which was on pacman 4.4.4 beta. I seem to be lots when it comes to rooting/flashing this phone. Main issue is they show att, verison, etc... where my vivid was just one for all. I can remember my desire was like that but can't remember what roms were compatible with bell.

On another note, is there one rom that goes beyond the rest that everyone loves? Been back and forth between paranoid and pacman over the years. Are they good on this device?

Thanks for any info.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuskow View Post
Hey guys. Not my first android phone. Had the vivid which was on pacman 4.4.4 beta. I seem to be lots when it comes to rooting/flashing this phone. Main issue is they show att, verison, etc... where my vivid was just one for all. I can remember my desire was like that but can't remember what roms were compatible with bell.

On another note, is there one rom that goes beyond the rest that everyone loves? Been back and forth between paranoid and pacman over the years. Are they good on this device?

Thanks for any info.
Can just follow some of the guides on rooting the phone that you can find in the international forum. For Sprint, Verizon so forth it'll be different(CDMA vs GSM).

Can use any ROM on the device.

Can't say which ROM is best, they don't allow posts/discussions like that on the forum. It's a personal choice as such you should try them all and choose for yourself which is best for your needs/usage.

Yuskow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
thanks. Guess I'll start with paranoid Wow can't believe how easy to root and s-off this device is.

webbles17
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
thanks. Guess I'll start with paranoid Wow can't believe how easy to root and s-off this device is.
Did you use firewater for s-off? I just got my boot loader unlocked and tomorrow I'm gonna root and hopefully get s-off.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Yuskow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Tried the firewater s-off before going golfing yesterday. Thought I bricked my phone. Am I missing something? Unlocked using the htc website and code. Installed recovery. Installed super-user, tried firewater. Got error. Do I have to flash a custom rom to fully root the device? Tried the temproot method too. Still nothing.

stathis95194
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Tried the firewater s-off before going golfing yesterday. Thought I bricked my phone. Am I missing something? Unlocked using the htc website and code. Installed recovery. Installed super-user, tried firewater. Got error. Do I have to flash a custom rom to fully root the device? Tried the temproot method too. Still nothing.
What error did you get? Whelp this sucks...?

If yes, then your only alternative is Sunshine which costs $25
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 11.1
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.06

================
Live Soccer Results

================

Yuskow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
What error did you get? Whelp this sucks...?

If yes, then your only alternative is Sunshine which costs $25
Did the full adb thing. Everything looked good. Started the countdown saying it could take a few minutes. About 30 seconds later it gave me a weird message saying you can't and never will be able to s-off your phone. was about 5 lines in my command line window.

Never s-off'd my vivid, never seen the point but this one looked so easy.

I do have super user installed and shows up in my apps. Noticed just now that when I go under superuser, adb is no longer in the allowed. Might have to start over lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yuskow For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stathis95194
Old
Thanks Meter 248
Quote:
Did the full adb thing. Everything looked good. Started the countdown saying it could take a few minutes. About 30 seconds later it gave me a weird message saying you can't and never will be able to s-off your phone. was about 5 lines in my command line window.

Never s-off'd my vivid, never seen the point but this one looked so easy.

I do have super user installed and shows up in my apps. Noticed just now that when I go under superuser, adb is no longer in the allowed. Might have to start over lol.
Well if you got the whelp message you will not be able to s-off with firewater
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 11.1
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.06

================
Live Soccer Results

================

Yuskow
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Guess it's back to the fastboot commands when flashing??

webbles17
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Guess it's back to the fastboot commands when flashing??
Or use sunshine. Costs 25 bucks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app