Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 41,208 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 Dual Sim - any differences

Tip us?

gazzacbr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Question M8 Dual Sim - any differences

Hi,
well, its getting towards the the (semi) retirement of my (the one and only) HD2.
5 years was a pretty good investment and it still all works great.
but...
I am thinking that the M8 is really the only contender with the possibilities (wishful thinking) of multi boot and maybe even including windows phone 8.
the ideal phone will be the dual sim version for me but i can see all the good stuff going on for the M8 but will everything apply if i get the dual sim version?
what i mean is, are they exactly the same apart from the extra sim?
i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.
thanks.
HTC HD2: magldr, nand tytung JellyBean 4.3/KitKat 4.4, 64gb sdxc
HTC Kaiser: Retired
"My cat took my screws"
(http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/5...took+my+screws)

JellyTooth
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzacbr View Post
Hi,
well, its getting towards the the (semi) retirement of my (the one and only) HD2.
5 years was a pretty good investment and it still all works great.
but...
I am thinking that the M8 is really the only contender with the possibilities (wishful thinking) of multi boot and maybe even including windows phone 8.
the ideal phone will be the dual sim version for me but i can see all the good stuff going on for the M8 but will everything apply if i get the dual sim version?
what i mean is, are they exactly the same apart from the extra sim?
i dont want to get the dual sim then find out that i cannot take advantage of any of the development going on for the M8.
thanks.
Don't get the dual sim version trust me i have it before i knew its not supported by dev and now i am so desperate and depressed and probably it won't be supported anytime soon or maybe forever