FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

[Q] m8 international Soff 4.4.3

251 posts
Thanks Meter: 23
 
By muk12, Senior Member on 3rd September 2014, 08:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello Folks,


I'm helping a friend to mod his m8 , he has installed 4.4.3 OTA I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?


Please advise ...
 
 
3rd September 2014, 08:50 AM |#2  
hdorius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Use sunshine...firewater already outdated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hdorius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 10:15 AM |#3  
HTCNerdYoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mettmann
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdorius

Use sunshine...firewater already outdated

Yes go for SunShine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muk12

I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 12:04 PM |#4  
muk12's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdorius

Use sunshine...firewater already outdated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Yes go for SunShine.



You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty


Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?
3rd September 2014, 12:07 PM |#5  
hdorius's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 671
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muk12

Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?

Yep,still the same like previous HTC phone,S-ON still can flash any custom rom and just flash boot.img after rom zip

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hdorius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 12:31 PM |#6  
HTCNerdYoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mettmann
Thanks Meter: 90
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muk12

Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?

Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 03:12 PM |#7  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,102
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

The partitions are only altered if a full conversion (by RUU) is performed. GPE based custom ROMs will run fine with no conversion (no partition change or hboot change required); as will any AOSP ROMs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes