[Q] m8 international Soff 4.4.3

3rd September 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

249 posts
More
Hello Folks,

I'm helping a friend to mod his m8 , he has installed 4.4.3 OTA I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

Please advise ...
3rd September 2014, 08:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 612

916 posts
More
Use sunshine...firewater already outdated

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to hdorius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #3  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 85

326 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdorius

Yes go for SunShine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muk12

I know I can unlock the bootloader via HTC dev then custom recovery and wakesauce to gain su acess, but can I use firewater to SOFF the phone after installing 4.4.3 OTA , I have read somewhere HTC patched stuff and firewater does not work on 4.4.3 devices?

You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 12:04 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23

249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdorius

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Yes go for SunShine.

You don't need HTCDev if you use SunShine, as SunShine gains S-Off AND unlocks the bootloader. Following this way HTC don't come to know that the device has been changed. Thus you would not have any problems regarding warranty

Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?
3rd September 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 612

916 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for your reply mate.Sunshine is the way to go ....however I have used HTC android devices in the past and I want to know can AOSP/GPE ROMS be flashed on m8 with S ON by fastboot flash boot.img after installing ROM ZIP from the recovery ?

Yep,still the same like previous HTC phone,S-ON still can flash any custom rom and just flash boot.img after rom zip

The Following User Says Thank You to hdorius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 85

326 posts
More
Quote:

Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd September 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,045

6,884 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCNerdYoda

Yes but to flash AOSP/GPE ROMs could easily lead to problems if it is done wrong. For GPE as far as I know a conversion of the phone is needed, as the partition sizes are different. During this process the hole firmware has to be replaced by the GPE one with the black HBoot as well. So do carefully read the conversion threads if you are coming from a sense ROM!

The partitions are only altered if a full conversion (by RUU) is performed. GPE based custom ROMs will run fine with no conversion (no partition change or hboot change required); as will any AOSP ROMs.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread