FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

M8 Screen won't come on

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
 
By bdouc, Member on 23rd July 2014, 11:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
M8 screen won't come on at phone does power on but the screen does not is any body else had this same issue and what is the fix on this
does anyone have an idea on how to fix this
 
 
24th July 2014, 01:13 AM |#2  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 766
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdouc

M8 screen won't come on at phone does power on but the screen does not is any body else had this same issue and what is the fix on this
does anyone have an idea on how to fix this

How can you tell the phone is on if the screen won't come on?

What have u flashed?
24th July 2014, 01:55 AM |#3  
OP Member
Flag AR
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420

How can you tell the phone is on if the screen won't come on?

What have u flashed?

i can tell the phone is on cause when i plug the phone on my PC sync manager pops up and Auto play also pops up flashed vipeneroneM8 ,last week and phone was working good till today screen started to flash and went off did 3 key reset by holding the power the volume down and volume up while phone was on charger but no luck
24th July 2014, 02:04 AM |#4  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 766
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdouc

i can tell the phone is on cause when i plug the phone on my PC sync manager pops up and Auto play also pops up flashed vipeneroneM8 ,last week and phone was working good till today screen started to flash and went off did 3 key reset by holding the power the volume down and volume up while phone was on charger but no luck

Did you make a nandroid backup before u flashed viper one? If u did enter recovery by rebooting holding down vol down and restore your backup. Or flash your carriers stock firmware. Check the back to stock thread for info on that.

If that doesn't work it's a hardware issue and you should check your warranty and get a replacement.
29th July 2014, 04:58 AM |#5  
OP Member
Flag AR
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Thank you guys for the help and for everyone coming together to come up with solution it is deeply appropriated my M8 was finally able to boot it up I plugged phone on the charger and directly to the power outlet on the wall and hold the volume up + volume down + power bottom all 3 keys at same time for 20 minutes and released all key at the same and left phone on charger over night for 24hrs and phone was able to boot up
29th July 2014, 06:12 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
I think you only need to hold Vol Up + Power for a few seconds and it should reboot.
Mine did the same thing once and that's how I got it to restart.
29th July 2014, 02:11 PM |#7  
redpoint73's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,982
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gokun

I think you only need to hold Vol Up + Power for a few seconds and it should reboot.
Mine did the same thing once and that's how I got it to restart.

True. Power + Vol Up is a reboot, basically a simulated battery pull (for phones that have a removable battery.

Power + Vol Down boots into bootloader.

Power + Vol Up + Vol Down is not any button combo on this device, that I know of. This is perhaps a button combo for another device? Care should be taken to only do known button combos. Although I don't think there is any "harmful" button combo on the M8; on my old One X (EVITA) folks would mistakenly do Power + Vol Up to go into bootloader (correct combo is Power+ Vol down) which erased the ROM and sent the phone into Qualcomm download mode, which would probably give you a heart attack!
Last edited by redpoint73; 29th July 2014 at 02:15 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes