Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 44,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

M8 won't power on

Tip us?

bdouc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default M8 won't power on

My M8 won't power on here is what happen my battery drained out and phone phone went off and when I got home put phone on the charger and left it charge over night the next morning tried to power on the phone but won't power on I held down the power button and volume down nothing and held down power button and volume still nothing it completely won't power on at all it been 3 to 4 days now still not powering on can anyone help or have any other solutions

lukes91
Old
Thanks Meter 963

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdouc View Post
My M8 won't power on here is what happen my battery drained out and phone phone went off and when I got home put phone on the charger and left it charge over night the next morning tried to power on the phone but won't power on I held down the power button and volume down nothing and held down power button and volume still nothing it completely won't power on at all it been 3 to 4 days now still not powering on can anyone help or have any other solutions
well, if you can't power you M8 with any buttons combination i think you might have to send it to repair service...
HTC M8 - HBOOT 3.16 S-OFF - TWRP 2.7.1.0 - ViperOneM8 1.8.0 - ElementalX 0.19 - H/K - V4A
HTC One X - HBoot 1.39 - Philz 5.15.9 - ViperX 4.1.1

Did I help you? Hit THANKS

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Do you see the charging light at all?
Try plugging the phone into the pc via usb. Press and hold volume up and power until you hear a ding on the pc, might take a while.

RoughNeck1971
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdouc View Post
I had the same problem after I did a dirty flash of a new ROM. Phone went black and didn't want to reboot anymore. What I did was to connect the phone via USB with the PC first. Then I tried combination of holding the power button for 20 sec. After that holding the Volume up key first then pressing together with the Power button and also hold it for 10-15 sec. After cycling that for 2-3 times finally my phone rebooted. I have no clue why but after that I was able to jump back into recovery and reflashed the ROM with full-wipe. Then everything was ok.
The Following User Says Thank You to RoughNeck1971 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

an0ther
Old
Thanks Meter 137
unplug phone, vol up and power for 11 seconds, let go of both, vol down and power to enter boot loader, then choose reboot. Must be unplugged for this

radixon
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNeck1971 View Post
I had the same problem after I did a dirty flash of a new ROM. Phone went black and didn't want to reboot anymore. What I did was to connect the phone via USB with the PC first. Then I tried combination of holding the power button for 20 sec. After that holding the Volume up key first then pressing together with the Power button and also hold it for 10-15 sec. After cycling that for 2-3 times finally my phone rebooted. I have no clue why but after that I was able to jump back into recovery and reflashed the ROM with full-wipe. Then everything was ok.
Do you use TWRP recovery?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
It's nice to be important

BUT

It's more important to be nice

RoughNeck1971
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yes. Version 2.7.1.0.

radixon
Old
Thanks Meter 31
My phone went black and wouldn't do anything after I clean flashed a rom. I just left it alone once I established it wouldn't do anything and it came back on its own after a while. I was using twrp 2.7.1.0 also. I have switched to Phil's touch recovery to see if it happens next time I flash a rom.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Quote:
It's nice to be important

BUT

It's more important to be nice

Boot329
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Thank you for this information!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughNeck1971 View Post
My phone was in a similar situation after rebooting from giving the app "emoji switcher" root access (never had problems in the past).. I freaked out and could not get the phone on until I came upon your comment... Thanks!!

RoughNeck1971
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Happy that my comment could help .