[Q] M8t (China Mobile) S-OFF

Search This thread

BrianInfo

Jun 19, 2010
1) Can SunShine work on HTC One M8t (China Mobile version in China)? Some functions, such as Location Reporting (hence no Google Now), are disabled in China, even with VPN.

2) Once S-OFF, can I change M8t into either US or Taiwan stock version so that the phone can receive other country's OTA in the future? Only changing CID and installing different country RUU are required to achieve this ?

3) M8t supports WCDMA/TD-SCDMA and TDD/FDD-LTE. After S-OFF, flashing other country's stock Sense ROM, will the radio be affected, rendering it useless or limited connection? (Not sure the stock ROM, firewarre, radio and recovery in ZIP file are compatible to China Mobile)?

Thanks

zen2war

Aug 20, 2012
1) yes, SunShine works on m8t. For google now, you can use xpose and appsetting to enable it.

2) I tried flash other country's RUU but not work on m8t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zen2war

Aug 20, 2012
I did change CID and MID, but I think the fireware is different. If you want, I will upload the fireware.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BrianInfo

Jun 19, 2010
Zen,

Did you change the radio package in RUU zip file to match M8t spec? Actually I am not even sure which layer or firmware control the communication TD-SCDMA and TDD-LTE?

Which version of RUU were you installing? and CID and MID to what country?