Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Making custom ringtone default? On latest Viper ROM.

Tip us?

chevy383surfing
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 76
Question Making custom ringtone default? On latest Viper ROM.

Does anyone know if I can change the default ringtone to a custom ringtone? Or, making a different ringtone the actual default ringtone. I am on the latest Viper ROM also. It seems that when I make some settings changes the ringtone goes back to the regular default ringtone after reboot. And it would be nice to make my custom ringtone the default.
*Touch Pro II NRGZ28 ENERGY ROM. Sold.
*HTC G2 Vision CM7 1.5 OC + lots of other goodies! Gave to sister.
*HTC Senstation 4G NRGZ28 ENERGY ROM 1.8 OC.
*Samsung Galaxy Tab Overcome ROM. Sold.
*T-Mobile G-Slate Rooted/Unlocked Bootloader
(with Netflix!)

HTCNerdYoda
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy383surfing View Post
Does anyone know if I can change the default ringtone to a custom ringtone? Or, making a different ringtone the actual default ringtone. I am on the latest Viper ROM also. It seems that when I make some settings changes the ringtone goes back to the regular default ringtone after reboot. And it would be nice to make my custom ringtone the default.
Try to copy the ringtone to the /system/media/audio/ringtones folder and set permissions to 644 (-rw -r -r).

After this reboot, set it as default ringtone and reboot again to check if it worked.
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCNerdYoda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]