11th July 2014, 10:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
More
I'm reading for few days now and I'm confused in two things:

1) unlocking bootloader
When using Hasoon2000 All-in-one toolkit I get different token, also fastboot oem get_identifier_token gives every time different token :/
Am I doing something wrong or it is normal?

2) making stock backup
Please correct me if I'm wrong
First I have to unlock bootloader, then I have to run custom recovery with: fastboot boot [TWRP or Philz touch recovery.img it will allow me to backup stock recovery and stock ROM (ROM will be cleaned after unlocking bootloader)
Then flash custom recovery fastboot flash recovery xxx.img
and if I want to have stock rooted flash only supersu or flash custom rom.

Am I right?
12th July 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 343

957 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globus.gd

I'm reading for few days now and I'm confused in two things:

1) unlocking bootloader
When using Hasoon2000 All-in-one toolkit I get different token, also fastboot oem get_identifier_token gives every time different token :/
Am I doing something wrong or it is normal?

2) making stock backup
Please correct me if I'm wrong
First I have to unlock bootloader, then I have to run custom recovery with: fastboot boot [TWRP or Philz touch recovery.img it will allow me to backup stock recovery and stock ROM (ROM will be cleaned after unlocking bootloader)
Then flash custom recovery fastboot flash recovery xxx.img
and if I want to have stock rooted flash only supersu or flash custom rom.

Am I right?

I'm not sure about the identifier token, didn't notice if it gives different tokens or not. Have you actually managed to unlock the bootloader though? You should try and do all these things without using all-in-one toolkits, you'll learn a whole lot more that way, especially when it comes to troubleshooting and fixing your device. It's not as difficult as you think it is.

Yes unlock bootloader. Only Philz/CWM makes backup of stock recovery, TWRP doesn't make a backup of it. Rather use adb to make a backup of stock recovery. Boot the custom recovery of your choice and then flash the SuperSU app to get root or you can use towelroot if it works for your device.

Restart your phone(can go into OS) connect to PC, open command prompt and cd to adb folder.

Code:
adb shell cat /proc/emmc    - this will give out a list of all patitions on your device.
On my device it's in mmcblk0p43 , I'm sure it'll be the same for you as well, can just use above command to make sure. You can also type the command in a terminal emulator on your device if you have one installed cat /proc/emmc

So for my recovery block(Yours probably too) continue in command prompt on PC:

Code:
adb shell
su       - to gain super user status, just accept on device when prompted.

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p43 of=/sdcard/recovery.img     - or
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p43 of=/sdcard2/recovery.img   - if you want it on external sd card
There you made a backup of your recovery partition, you can immediately transfer it to the PC(adb folder) if you want by typing:

Code:
exit     - to exit shell prompt and go back into normal adb prompt
adb pull /sdcard/recovery.img   (Or of course /sdcard2/ if you used external sd.)
To pull it to another directory just press spacebar after recovery.img and type in path directory to where you want to pull it.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Gdynia
Thanks Meter: 7

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Have you actually managed to unlock the bootloader though?

No, I asked on htcdev why generated token is different every time I use fastboot command,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread