Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] MicroSD Card File Transfer

Tip us?

jhannbernas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [Q] MicroSD Card File Transfer

Hi,

Any other HTC One M8 users has issue regarding copying files from Internal Memory to MicroSD storage using File Manager apps like ES File Manager? I cannot copy some of my files from Internal to MicroSD storage. I always encounter Copy Failure error.

Any work around for this?

Thanks!

ppgregory
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It's a Kit Kat design issue. If you search you'll find multiple threads on this problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to ppgregory For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
How do I make SD card writeable to apps on rooted HTC One M8?
I can't find any info on this.
Play store apps (sdfix and many others) do not work. People report they do on Samsungs,.

x017in
Old
Thanks Meter 82
You have to root your phone for enabling write to SD

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by x017in View Post
You have to root your phone for enabling write to SD
Captain Obvious strikes again!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhannbernas View Post
Hi,

Any other HTC One M8 users has issue regarding copying files from Internal Memory to MicroSD storage using File Manager apps like ES File Manager? I cannot copy some of my files from Internal to MicroSD storage. I always encounter Copy Failure error.

Any work around for this?

Thanks!
This fixed the SD card issue on my T-Mobile HTC One M8 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13

x017in
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn8kbordin View Post
Captain Obvious strikes again!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

This fixed the SD card issue on my T-Mobile HTC One M8 http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13
An easier fix smartie is if you had used the xposed mod that allows writing to SD card.

Sn8kbordin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by x017in View Post
An easier fix smartie is if you had used the xposed mod that allows writing to SD card.
I did give that a go. That didn't work. As soon as Xposed tried installing framework my phone would reboot.
I think even with root the system partition is protected and as soon as anything writes to it the phone reboots.
T-Mobile HTC One M8

Fixed apps' access to external SD card issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=13

jhannbernas
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
After the 4.4.3 update, there is already a File Manager on the app drawer which can transfer files from Internal Memory to SD Card.