FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

DE v Normal Sense ?

7th November 2014, 09:15 AM |#1  
10rdan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
What are the benefits/differences between Dev Ed Sense handset and "normal" Sense handset, apart from earlier OTA updates ?

Cheers

Sent from M8
 
 
7th November 2014, 09:46 AM |#2  
exocetdj's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 2,983
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10rdan

What are the benefits/differences between Dev Ed Sense handset and "normal" Sense handset, apart from earlier OTA updates ?

Cheers

Sent from M8

Dev edition comes with an unlocked bootloader, that is all
7th November 2014, 09:46 AM |#3  
spinninbsod's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag new york city
Thanks Meter: 85
 
More
And no carrier bloat
7th November 2014, 10:20 AM |#4  
10rdan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 23
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj

Dev edition comes with an unlocked bootloader, that is all

Ok, thanks.

So, being as my m8 is s-off, unlocked and not carrier locked (HTC--001), there would be no real benefits it converting it to a de version ?

Thanks

Sent from M8
7th November 2014, 10:46 AM |#5  
exocetdj's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bristol, Scrumpy Country
Thanks Meter: 2,983
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10rdan

Ok, thanks.

So, being as my m8 is s-off, unlocked and not carrier locked (HTC--001), there would be no real benefits it converting it to a de version ?

Thanks

Sent from M8

well u may get earlier updates, when lollipop sense hits, i will be converting to whatever variant gets it first
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes