Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,590 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] the one on "setting - storage - make more space - miscellaneous - programdata"

Tip us?

chobits
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] the one on "setting - storage - make more space - miscellaneous - programdata"

When I tried to free up some storage, I see that this programdata has taken almost 5gb of my internal
Yet I have the option to delete it
Is it safe to delete it?
What's in there?
Well it mess my phone?

Drax TD
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobits View Post
When I tried to free up some storage, I see that this programdata has taken almost 5gb of my internal
Yet I have the option to delete it
Is it safe to delete it?
What's in there?
Well it mess my phone?
Can you post a screenshot? Is it a folder or a file? If a folder, what is inside?

chobits
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax TD View Post
Can you post a screenshot? Is it a folder or a file? If a folder, what is inside?
It's a folder
And i can't see what's inside
That's the problem
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_2014-08-13-06-53-58_1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (163.6 KB, 22 views)

Drax TD
Old
(Last edited by Drax TD; 14th August 2014 at 04:02 PM.) Reason: Add info
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chobits View Post
It's a folder
And i can't see what's inside
That's the problem
If the contents are hidden that is probably a sign that you don't want to mess with it, but if it was me, I would make a nandroid backup and give the 3 gig folder the axe to see if anything bad happens.

However, if you are not running a custom recovery where you can backup and restore the system, I am not sure I would do anything. Too risky.

-Andrew

HTCNerdYoda
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax TD View Post
If the contents are hidden that is probably a sign that you don't want to mess with it, but if it was me, I would make a nandroid backup and give the 3 gig folder the axe to see if anything bad happens.

However, if you are not running a custom recovery where you can backup and restore the system, I am not sure I would do anything. Too risky.

-Andrew
Would do the same here. But at first I would check this folder with a file explorer, such as es file explorer. In the settings of this explorer you can activate to show hidden apps and check what is inside this folder.
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).