Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode

29th July 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC, CT
Thanks Meter: 40

233 posts
More
After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?
29th July 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 122

963 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi

After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

lol ...your right ...mine doesn't even open it reboots the phone, and google camera force closes? what a pointless update lol. mines 2.22.401.3. Stupid camera upgrades ....were these even tested? now my media database is messed up, wont play the right sound I set. I thought there was something odd about this update, after the upgrade ...it only optimised a 100 apps ....it always did 359 apps before, wiping dalvik manually does the same, 100 apps, theres a storage issue aswell as the camera, and google camera don't work either, its not part of sense. Is it because we are rooted etc? Oh yes and art don't work for me either.UPDATE: Got ART to work, but not the cameras ...any camera to be exact, thought it might be supercid or because its unlocked but that wouldn't stop other camera apps would it?
Last edited by boe323; 29th July 2014 at 01:22 AM.
29th July 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #3  
Singapore
Thanks Meter: 10

39 posts
If you have Xposed and other root system tweaking apps installed you really can't expect OTA's to go perfectly smooth, can you?
29th July 2014, 07:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
Mine is working just fine, I'm rooted but with stock recovery and no xposed.
29th July 2014, 03:03 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC, CT

233 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriBKriB

If you have Xposed and other root system tweaking apps installed you really can't expect OTA's to go perfectly smooth, can you?

I restored to stock before I flashed the OTA, only after the OTA did I root/run Xposed again.
29th July 2014, 04:25 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Bristol UK
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,095 posts
Donate to Me
More
mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)
29th July 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag NYC, CT

233 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj

mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)

Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.
Last edited by komugi; 29th July 2014 at 07:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to komugi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi

Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.

Thanks much. This problem was also causing my video button to require a double press. It wasn't crashing, but the first press must disable the "Ok, Google" listening, then the second press would record the video.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank