Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,162 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode

Tip us?

komugi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode

After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?

boe323
Old
(Last edited by boe323; 29th July 2014 at 01:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
After OTA 2.22.1540.3 (4.4.3), Camera app crashes on Zoe and Video Camera mode. I have tried disabling Xposed, and any modifcation, as well as booting into Safe mode, doesn't seem to fix it.

Is anyone else getting this issue?
lol ...your right ...mine doesn't even open it reboots the phone, and google camera force closes? what a pointless update lol. mines 2.22.401.3. Stupid camera upgrades ....were these even tested? now my media database is messed up, wont play the right sound I set. I thought there was something odd about this update, after the upgrade ...it only optimised a 100 apps ....it always did 359 apps before, wiping dalvik manually does the same, 100 apps, theres a storage issue aswell as the camera, and google camera don't work either, its not part of sense. Is it because we are rooted etc? Oh yes and art don't work for me either.UPDATE: Got ART to work, but not the cameras ...any camera to be exact, thought it might be supercid or because its unlocked but that wouldn't stop other camera apps would it?
A whole lot of nothing works properly.

KriBKriB
Old
Thanks Meter 10
If you have Xposed and other root system tweaking apps installed you really can't expect OTA's to go perfectly smooth, can you?

oaklandm
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Mine is working just fine, I'm rooted but with stock recovery and no xposed.

komugi
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KriBKriB View Post
If you have Xposed and other root system tweaking apps installed you really can't expect OTA's to go perfectly smooth, can you?
I restored to stock before I flashed the OTA, only after the OTA did I root/run Xposed again.

exocetdj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,048

DONATE TO ME
mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)

komugi
Old
(Last edited by komugi; 29th July 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by exocetdj View Post
mine is working absolutley fine, even after converting my m8 to a dev edition from WWE edition. I was completeley stock before i took ota (no mods, nothing)
Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.
The Following User Says Thank You to komugi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyera343
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by komugi View Post
Yeah, turns out it was an app conflict, mainly Google Now/Google Voice Search -- when you enable "Ok, Google" from any screen in the Google Now settings, it interferes with the Camera apps microphone access, sometimes it is able to terminate the process and use the microphone, but when it's not able to, it crashes.
Thanks much. This problem was also causing my video button to require a double press. It wasn't crashing, but the first press must disable the "Ok, Google" listening, then the second press would record the video.