15th August 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
Thanks Meter: 3,199

6,290 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billchen0014

This is my first HTC device and the stock Rom nandroid for my Cid isn't twrp compatible and cwm is doing what I already it to do. That's problem one, I have never seen such messy system to return to stock, CIDs and all this rubbish. And I swear for all these years I've never had to flash a firmware in order to flash a Rom, and heck, even pay to have full rights over my device (sunshine) I'd say HTC is the least friendly phone I've used by far when it comes to flashing custom roms

Nexus is made for easy unlocking etc.

HTC is reasonably good in this regard, IMO, having dealt with some 30 phones over 3 years for testing my apps.

HTC has bootloader unlock program. LG has nothing like that (Although allegedly considering it). I hate my G2 for that reason.

I've never directly dealt with Samsungs' KNOX, but that creates major headaches too.

We are lucky to have ANY S-Off solution.

We are also lucky to have so much enthusiast & ROM dev interest in the M8. Some of the forums here on XDA are barren.
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th August 2014, 08:34 AM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 293

1,013 posts
More
Phew, used firewater and flashed the new firmware. painless for the most part after SuperCID and thanks XDA again for this wonderful crowd. proud to be part of this great community. this is going to be an exiting weekend!

cheers
18th August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,123

7,061 posts
Quote:

Phew, used firewater and flashed the new firmware.

You've spent all this time complaining about sunshine, when you could have just used firewater??? Why didn't you try it in the first place?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote:

And I swear for all these years I've never had to flash a firmware in order to flash a Rom, and heck, even pay to have full rights over my device (sunshine) I'd say HTC is the least friendly phone I've used by far when it comes to flashing custom roms

Pay for sunshine is the developer's choice, and has nothing to do with HTC. For all we know, developers can choose to charge money for any root solution on any device, if they want.

Complaining is not going to accomplish anything except piss off folks who enjoy this device (which is most folks here). Aside from the sunshine fee, all the concepts and steps that you seem to have trouble with are very basic. If you can't understand and accomplish them, you shouldn't be rooting your phone in the first place.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread