HTC M9 S-OFF In Less Than 24 Hours – No ETA On Release

HTC devices are no stranger to XDA’s Senior Recognized Developers … more

April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] OTA update and ROM Stock issue

30th July 2014, 01:45 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nantes
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Hi,

A couple of months ago, I've installed on my device the Stock ROM (odexed version) and the Stock Recovery for Android 4.4.2 (for the HTC One M8, obviously). Everything went well. (By the way, my current software number is 1.54.401.10)
Android 4.4.3 is supposed to be out since a couple of days but, when I check for updates, it says that "No update is available". I've tried with differents CIDs, HTC__203 (because I'm french), HTC__001 (because I don't know if it changes anything), even with the SuperCID and the result is always the same.

My phone is still S-OFF and marked as tampered and relocked on the bootloader.

Can anyone help me with that ?

Thanks in advance
30th July 2014, 02:10 PM |#2  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 53

340 posts
change to supercid, reboot the phone. check for update.

Worked for me.
30th July 2014, 02:41 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nantes

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by animaleyes76

change to supercid, reboot the phone. check for update.

Worked for me.

Thanks for the reply but I've tried this 2 days ago and the result was the same. :/
30th July 2014, 03:02 PM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,687

8,601 posts
It often takes longer than a couple days for the OTA to roll out to all users. Sometimes even a few weeks.
30th July 2014, 06:16 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Nantes

4 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

It often takes longer than a couple days for the OTA to roll out to all users. Sometimes even a few weeks.

Alright, I'll wait for a while then.
Thanks !

I wonder, does it make a difference for my french phone to have HTC_001 or SuperCID as a CID or am I forced to use HTC__203 ?
31st July 2014, 02:14 PM |#6  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,687

8,601 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saut-Mon

I wonder, does it make a difference for my french phone to have HTC_001 or SuperCID as a CID or am I forced to use HTC__203 ?

Your CID will need to match the CID required by the OTA, or SuperCID (which should pass any CID check). Did you install the stock ROM for your version, or another versions? But I don't believe this shouldn't affect your ability to receive the OTA. It will just fail the CID check when it tries to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread