Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 49,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Overheating

Tip us?

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Q] Overheating

Does the HTC One M8 overheat much? Does it have any major glitches as well?

berndblb
Old
Thanks Meter 776
No and no

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb View Post
No and no
Is the camera that much worse than the S5 or is it overblown? Does it use much RAM either? I might switch to the HTC One M8 tomorrow.

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
If the camera is something you feel absolutely must have, stick with the S5. I LOVE my M8, but my Note 3 took so much better pictures.
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchief298 View Post
If the camera is something you feel absolutely must have, stick with the S5. I LOVE my M8, but my Note 3 took so much better pictures.
I got overheatting issues with two S5s already. First one was worse. 165 degrees fahrenheit w/ 5-7 apps opened, some decent screen usage, and texting should not yield a high temp. One time, the overheating was caused by a T-Mobile diagnostic test and the screen wouldn't respond properly and the device crashed.

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
If you don't mind 4mp pictures the m8 camera is awesome. Low light pictures come out pretty good most of the time with little to no tweaking. Note3 took awesome well lit pictures. Low light sucked. Made the moto x seem like a professional camera in that regard and I do miss that from my x. S5 is probably the better all arounder picture taker but I got tired of touchwiz getting more and more complicated to tinker with. Knox didn't help either. I look forward to android L in lots of ways, including imaging, but OTOH I am worried about how hardcore google will implement selinux and security. As long as OEM's and google keep coming with phones that have unlockable bootloaders I'll be good.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app

mchief298
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nviz22 View Post
I got overheatting issues with two S5s already. First one was worse. 165 degrees fahrenheit w/ 5-7 apps opened, some decent screen usage, and texting should not yield a high temp. One time, the overheating was caused by a T-Mobile diagnostic test and the screen wouldn't respond properly and the device crashed.
Forgot about that part. No this is the coolest running phone I've ever had the pleasure of owning.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium HD app
My philosophy is that if your "contribution" to the community has a giant DONATE button in the center of the page? It isn't worth the download.

Devices - Verizon
  • Galaxy S3 (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy S4 MDK (Rooted, Unlocked) - Traded Up
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Traded for M7
  • HTC M7 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Sold
  • Galaxy Note 3 (Rooted, Safestrap) - Sold
  • Galaxy S3 (Unrooted, Stock) - Edged Up
  • HTC M8 (S-Off'd, Rooted, Unlocked) - Current Device

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
If you don't mind 4mp pictures the m8 camera is awesome. Low light pictures come out pretty good most of the time with little to no tweaking. Note3 took awesome well lit pictures. Low light sucked. Made the moto x seem like a professional camera in that regard and I do miss that from my x. S5 is probably the better all arounder picture taker but I got tired of touchwiz getting more and more complicated to tinker with. Knox didn't help either. I look forward to android L in lots of ways, including imaging, but OTOH I am worried about how hardcore google will implement selinux and security. As long as OEM's and google keep coming with phones that have unlockable bootloaders I'll be good.

sent from my HTC One M8 using hofo mobile app
You switched from the Note 3 and S5 to the HTC One M8?

sco77
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Coolest running phone I have ever used, even when running GPS or a graphical game the phone only barely gets warm. Very efficient phone, not much battery energy is wasted.

nviz22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
After furthering thinking, I will stick with my Galaxy S5 and find ways to minimize the heat since one of my best friends and my dad have problems with their heating at times on Galaxies. I also want the waterproofing, nicer display, finger print scanner, and galaxy software to work w/ my gear.