FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Painfully Slow Charging

20th August 2014, 10:40 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?
 
 
20th August 2014, 11:18 AM |#2  
Member
Flag sulaimanyah
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog01

Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?

if u have samsung lg or any original charger in ur house test it i normally have 1:50 or 2hr for fully charged
change ur USB CABLE
FIRST THING TO DO IS
CHANGE UR USB CABLE IF IT DINT FIX
SECOND THING IS CHANGE THE CHARGER AND USE ORIGINAL CHARGER FROM ANY MANUFACTURER
IF AFTER THAT UR GETTING SAME TIME CHARGING ITS UR PHONE MATER NOT CHARGER
20th August 2014, 09:49 PM |#3  
IAmSixNine's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Do you have fast boot enabled?
If so disable that, then power off the phone for a few minutes then power it back on and try to charge.
My neighbor had fastboot enabled on his and performance and battery life always sucked.. after disabling that he saw a lot better results.
Is your phone being used while charging? Is it getting hot while charging?
20th August 2014, 11:15 PM |#4  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,852
 
More
Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍
21st August 2014, 03:15 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,085
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍

But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.
21st August 2014, 03:51 AM |#6  
Darth's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Big scary planet destroying space station.
Thanks Meter: 6,852
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.

Yes, but a bad cable or charger would be very low. Far lower than the norm. 😊
21st August 2014, 05:47 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 191
 
More
The stock m8 charger is a 1.5 amp charger if your using a normal .5 - 1amp you'll notice a slow charge

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes