[Q] Painfully Slow Charging

OP Warthog01

20th August 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1

40 posts
Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?
20th August 2014, 11:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag sulaimanyah
Thanks Meter: 4

39 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog01

Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?

if u have samsung lg or any original charger in ur house test it i normally have 1:50 or 2hr for fully charged
change ur USB CABLE
FIRST THING TO DO IS
CHANGE UR USB CABLE IF IT DINT FIX
SECOND THING IS CHANGE THE CHARGER AND USE ORIGINAL CHARGER FROM ANY MANUFACTURER
IF AFTER THAT UR GETTING SAME TIME CHARGING ITS UR PHONE MATER NOT CHARGER
20th August 2014, 09:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 98

617 posts
More
Do you have fast boot enabled?
If so disable that, then power off the phone for a few minutes then power it back on and try to charge.
My neighbor had fastboot enabled on his and performance and battery life always sucked.. after disabling that he saw a lot better results.
Is your phone being used while charging? Is it getting hot while charging?
20th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,137

10,310 posts
More
Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍
21st August 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 979

3,673 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍

But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.
21st August 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #6  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,137

10,310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope

But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.

Yes, but a bad cable or charger would be very low. Far lower than the norm. 😊
21st August 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #7  
Flag Cleveland
Thanks Meter: 145

1,374 posts
More
The stock m8 charger is a 1.5 amp charger if your using a normal .5 - 1amp you'll notice a slow charge

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread