Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,734 Members 42,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Painfully Slow Charging

Tip us?

Warthog01
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Painfully Slow Charging

Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?

zhiarw
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog01 View Post
Hi

I've got a brand new htc M8 and enjoying it immensely, but there's one thing that's worrying me. My first three or four charges were very quick--an hour or so from 60-65% but over the last few days charging has become an ordeal. I've read numerous forums and tried a number of techniques, most recently discharging to 10% then recharging (which took nearly 9 hours). I went out this morning and returned with 85% remaining. Plugged it in and Dashclock forecast three hours and twenty minutes to regain that 15%.

I'm using the charger provided, but have tried a number of others as well.Any other ideas out there?
if u have samsung lg or any original charger in ur house test it i normally have 1:50 or 2hr for fully charged
change ur USB CABLE
FIRST THING TO DO IS
CHANGE UR USB CABLE IF IT DINT FIX
SECOND THING IS CHANGE THE CHARGER AND USE ORIGINAL CHARGER FROM ANY MANUFACTURER
IF AFTER THAT UR GETTING SAME TIME CHARGING ITS UR PHONE MATER NOT CHARGER

IAmSixNine
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Do you have fast boot enabled?
If so disable that, then power off the phone for a few minutes then power it back on and try to charge.
My neighbor had fastboot enabled on his and performance and battery life always sucked.. after disabling that he saw a lot better results.
Is your phone being used while charging? Is it getting hot while charging?
DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox

Twitter @AndroidTechGuy
Google+
Android Users

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,517
Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

BenPope
Old
Thanks Meter 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Get gsam and see what the mA is while you are charging. 👍
But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPope View Post
But be careful when comparing charge rates, as the current drawn reduces as the battery becomes more charged.
Yes, but a bad cable or charger would be very low. Far lower than the norm. 😊
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

shadowmike
Old
Thanks Meter 143
The stock m8 charger is a 1.5 amp charger if your using a normal .5 - 1amp you'll notice a slow charge

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Current 2014
HTC one

AN-21 U Drop Box

Old 2013-Past
T-MO DoubleShot MT4GS (Stock)
VM HTC One V (Rooted, 3yr olds toy)
T-MO MT SLIDE (Stock - Screen Died)
KINDLE FIRE HD (Stock Rooted)
SPRINT EVO 3D (Broken Screen)
T-MO MT4G (Broken Screen)
T-MO MT SLIDE (Water Damage)