18th August 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #11  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 75

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Yeah but what about people with a s-on device and a specific carrier..

Where are those ruu files ? There aren't any.....there is a very small selection of ruu files that can help a small group of people ! That's my point here. And who said he has a AT&T ..... Check my thread and check all the cid and main numbers then give me the links to the ruu files that are compatible with the nands i am hosting there.....get my point ?

I am sorry for getting you mad, but I don't lie. The RUU file is here on XDA, like all the wise guys say

"Do a search"

I did, I downloaded it and installed in on my M8. ONly carrier I found was for AT&T, the OP didn't say
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

I wouldn't do it. Flash a RUU if you want to go back to stock.

You did. So I was letting him know there was a RUU for AT&T on XDA. He didn't mention what carrier he was with. Since that was the only RUU I found for the M8, I suggested it.

Most of the rest of you stuff makes no sense.
Quote:

Where are those ruu files ? There aren't any....

Wait, didn't you just tell him to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Flash a RUU if you want to go back to stock.

HUH You tell him to flash one in one breath, then state there is none in another. But IF he is on AT&T, I know there is one. I am not going to search for you, but if I run across it, I will drop a link maybe later.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2757462

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8, running the ViperOne M8 ROM via Tapatalk.
18th August 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,847

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Ugh....this is exactly why i want to stop posting on xda and withdraw from it completely. The main problem is that people flash things without knowing what it is....afterwards its "it didn't work" what now ? You can link a ruu and many people just execute it.

I'm not mad, i am misinterpreted.....i am making a point that's all.

Thanks and cheers. I will stop responding as it's the second time i believe you make me go off topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #13  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 75

633 posts
Donate to Me
More
But flashing a nandroid backup that it's origins are unknown is like you said, unwise and could cause more problems than what it is worth. But not fatal, that I agree with. I also agree that sometimes posting here can lead to a whole lot of confusion, specially for beginners in flashing roms. Good thing about this is that this is one more area they can visit to get a link to return to stock before they return the phone for repair. So it wasn't all in vain. Sit, drink a beer (or coffee) relax and try to have a nice day.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One M8, running the ViperOne M8 ROM via Tapatalk.
18th August 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,360

7,739 posts
Quote:

Where are those ruu files ? There aren't any.....there is a very small selection of ruu files that can help a small group of people ! That's my point here. And who said he has a AT&T ..... Check my thread and check all the cid and main numbers then give me the links to the ruu files that are compatible with the nands i am hosting there.....get my point ?

If that was your point, its not what you wrote:

Quote:

And there are no sense ruu files ... at least no carrier branded ones.

HTC posted the RUU for AT&T quite some time ago: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-att/news/

Folks here keep saying "there are no RUUs", "HTC doesn't release RUUs anymore" and its simply not correct to make these statements as being generalized for all versions and all instances; although it seems to be true for a great many versions. If anything, this device is missing a good index of OTAs, RUUs, etc. by CID.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just want to prevent any misinformation.
Last edited by redpoint73; 18th August 2014 at 04:30 PM.
30th August 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #15  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

HTC posted the RUU for AT&T quite some time ago: http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-one-m8-att/news/

Folks here keep saying "there are no RUUs", "HTC doesn't release RUUs anymore" and its simply not correct to make these statements as being generalized for all versions and all instances; although it seems to be true for a great many versions. If anything, this device is missing a good index of OTAs, RUUs, etc. by CID.

Not trying to pick a fight or anything, just want to prevent any misinformation.

I haven't visited this thread in a while because my problem was resolved but i had a question. I want to accept an OTA. I'm fairly sure I know how to do this (I have a stock NAND, recovery, and i know i have to relock my bootloader) this will update my firmware to 2.22.xx.x After this is done i can re unlock my bootloader right? Also would i be able to restore one of my TWRP backups or will restoring replace my firmware with the old one that i had when the backup was made?
30th August 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #16  

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Restoring a full backup after an ota will replace your OS so that's not an option because you don't want to go back to your old (before ota) situation it will not replace the firmware. Only restore data ! And no need to relock the bootloader for an ota.....totally unnecessary !
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 30th August 2014 at 11:40 PM.
30th August 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #17  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 16

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73

Quote:

Restoring a full backup after an ota will replace your OS so that's not an option because you don't want to go back to your old (before ota) situation it will not replace the firmware. Only restore data ! And no need to relock the bootloader for an ota.....totally unnecessary !

Thanks for the reply! So bootloader can stay unlocked? In all the threads I checked you have to be relocked by doing "fastboot oem lock" but ok I'll take your word for it! Also you say that restoring isn't good so I'll have to stick with reflashing ROMs from scratch?
31st August 2014, 08:04 AM   |  #18  

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
I think we are mixing things up. If you are already running the latest based roms why would you update ?

Why would you update to the 2.22 or higher base and then go back to a 1.54 based rom ?
31st August 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 416

1,162 posts
More
Quote:

I think we are mixing things up. If you are already running the latest based roms why would you update ?

Why would you update to the 2.22 or higher base and then go back to a 1.54 based rom ?

lol I'm just glad to see that your name is also Bernd

Seems like you're a "troll" with 2 different IDs on here some of these guys didn't just misquote you, but completely misidentified you!
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st August 2014, 10:27 AM   |  #20  

14,379 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

lol I'm just glad to see that your name is also Bernd

Seems like you're a "troll" with 2 different IDs on here some of these guys didn't just misquote you, but completely misidentified you!

Haha yeah i didnt even respond to that quote error. Not worth the hassle mate

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hofs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread