Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Please help .might really be bricked

Tip us?
 
hugebulge
Old
#11  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 233
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzdad2013 View Post
Try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54200899

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I use it to completely restore to stock again. Just read the ENTIRE INSTUCTIONS, i am on at&t also.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

thanks. but fails after signature check. I think this is done for
 
hugebulge
Old
#12  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 233
Join Date: Feb 2012
I'm thinking without s-off, having a 3.18 hboot and cws__001 cid this phone is going in the garbage today
 
One-M8-Master
Old
#13  
One-M8-Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,413
Posts: 6,917
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hannover
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge View Post
I'm thinking without s-off, having a 3.18 hboot and cws__001 cid this phone is going in the garbage today
If cwm Philz is working take another Rom and flash it...what's the problem? Or all recoveries are broken? There are also complete stock Roms take one of them root it and s-off...if Firewater doesn't work use sunshine, it's really worth it to pay 25$ if you say that phone is going into garbage...means you want to buy another one...except try to s-off it and yea...also if you want to update the Rom via official ota you need always the stock recovery otherwise it will never work...
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)
 
hugebulge
Old
#14  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 233
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master View Post
If cwm Philz is working take another Rom and flash it...what's the problem? Or all recoveries are broken? There are also complete stock Roms take one of them root it and s-off...if Firewater doesn't work use sunshine, it's really worth it to pay 25$ if you say that phone is going into garbage...means you want to buy another one...except try to s-off it and yea...also if you want to update the Rom via official ota you need always the stock recovery otherwise it will never work...

philz works for 8 seconds then bootloops and twrp just blinks then bootloops. I cant flash any rom so their is no chance of firewater or sunshine. thanks for the 25$ offer but I think ill call htc and pay to have the motherboard replaced or just smash it to pieces and buy another phone.

Is their any way of changing the cid without s-off? I think I remember getting supercid on the m7 without s-off
 
One-M8-Master
Old
#15  
One-M8-Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 2,413
Posts: 6,917
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hannover
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugebulge View Post
philz works for 8 seconds then bootloops and twrp just blinks then bootloops. I cant flash any rom so their is no chance of firewater or sunshine. thanks for the 25$ offer but I think ill call htc and pay to have the motherboard replaced or just smash it to pieces and buy another phone.

Is their any way of changing the cid without s-off? I think I remember getting supercid on the m7 without s-off
No other way...but you can try something.....I think there are different twrp or Philz images because of the different variants of the phone...so try to get the real one for your device..maybe that should be the problem...if not try fastboot erase cache ..but I think it's more because of the wrong image..
All those things are user issues so no need to bash HTC or the phone because you are doing things wrong
Its simple read before asking and use the search button and always be thankful its FREE!!!

Devices : HTC HD2 (Sold/broken), HTC One X (has my sister now), HTC One M8 (current) (changing roms always after few weeks of use and testing)
 
hugebulge
Old
#16  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 35
Posts: 233
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by One-M8-Master View Post
No other way...but you can try something.....I think there are different twrp or Philz images because of the different variants of the phone...so try to get the real one for your device..maybe that should be the problem...if not try fastboot erase cache ..but I think it's more because of the wrong image..
All those things are user issues so no need to bash HTC or the phone because you are doing things wrong
I 100% agree with you that it is completely my fault and not HTC. Im not bashing HTC at all, I'm going to buy another m8. Smashing would just make me happy after spending 9 hours so far trying every possibility over and over.

It is totally bricked though. I had another m8 before this phone and upgraded the same way but it was s-off and I didn't have this problem. Firewater didn't work on this phone. The problem is that something is corrupted and their is no correct ruu for 3.18 hboot with CWS__001.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more