Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,049 Members 39,392 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Powered off, plugged in, root oddities

Tip us?

RockStar2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Powered off, plugged in, root oddities

Has anyone who has a ROOTED M8 noticed that when you turn the phone off while it's charging that, for at least a short time right after you turn the phone off, it flashes the red-lettered "developer's build" message, as well as the TWRP screen? It seems to go away, but I was just wondering if this was any big deal or not? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to see if other ppl in my situation were noticing the same thing.

All input is welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks!

RockStar2005

ducted
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005 View Post
Has anyone who has a ROOTED M8 noticed that when you turn the phone off while it's charging that, for at least a short time right after you turn the phone off, it flashes the red-lettered "developer's build" message, as well as the TWRP screen? It seems to go away, but I was just wondering if this was any big deal or not? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to see if other ppl in my situation were noticing the same thing.

All input is welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks!

RockStar2005
This is totally normal. When you plug your USB battery charger with the phone turned off, it boots into recovery. This is related due to the TWRP recovery.

Don't worry about it.

RockStar2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducted View Post
This is totally normal. When you plug your USB battery charger with the phone turned off, it boots into recovery. This is related due to the TWRP recovery.

Don't worry about it.
Ok.... thanks ducted! That's good to know!

Have a Happy 4th!

RockStar2005
Tags
developer, htc one m8, root, twrp