[Q] Powered off, plugged in, root oddities

4th July 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44

264 posts
Has anyone who has a ROOTED M8 noticed that when you turn the phone off while it's charging that, for at least a short time right after you turn the phone off, it flashes the red-lettered "developer's build" message, as well as the TWRP screen? It seems to go away, but I was just wondering if this was any big deal or not? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to see if other ppl in my situation were noticing the same thing.

All input is welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks!

RockStar2005
4th July 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 22

65 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockStar2005

Has anyone who has a ROOTED M8 noticed that when you turn the phone off while it's charging that, for at least a short time right after you turn the phone off, it flashes the red-lettered "developer's build" message, as well as the TWRP screen? It seems to go away, but I was just wondering if this was any big deal or not? I'm guessing no, but just wanted to see if other ppl in my situation were noticing the same thing.

All input is welcome and appreciated!!

Thanks!

RockStar2005

This is totally normal. When you plug your USB battery charger with the phone turned off, it boots into recovery. This is related due to the TWRP recovery.

Don't worry about it.
4th July 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

264 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducted

This is totally normal. When you plug your USB battery charger with the phone turned off, it boots into recovery. This is related due to the TWRP recovery.

Don't worry about it.

Ok.... thanks ducted! That's good to know!

Have a Happy 4th!

RockStar2005
8th September 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

264 posts
There's a newer version of TWRP that I got my hands on that not only fixes the "animation while charging" issue, but it also fixes the "Blank OS" issue found in HBOOT! Check it out!

http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?...CIAL)-v2-7-0-4

Scroll down to 2.7.1.1 link, Mirror one. Flash & enjoy!

RockStar2005
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
developer, htc one m8, root, twrp
Previous Thread Next Thread