[Q] I Need so Much Professional Help!

OP nerdyotter

30th August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Dear god, guys. I screwed up, and I need A LOT of help.

I flashed CyanogenMod onto my phone a while ago, and somehow or another ClockWorkMod got flashed onto my phone (over TWRP) with it. That was no big deal (or so I thought). Now the only backup I have is of a CyanogenMod build where my phone won't stop getting an error message. Before that I couldn't play any sort of videos on my phone at all for some reason. On top of that, my computer won't recognize my phone as a proper storage device so I can't access any of its files!

That's pretty bad already, but what's worse is that now I can't even shut off my phone! It just goes straight to ClockWorkMod Recovery. Plus, whenever I start my phone it says I need to charge it (which I am). I've let it sit, charging, and it has occasionally gone back to recovery. I have no idea what to do! Could someone please PM me or leave suggestions, or, or... something? I'd really appreciate it.
30th August 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 89

347 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdyotter

Dear god, guys. I screwed up, and I need A LOT of help.

I flashed CyanogenMod onto my phone a while ago, and somehow or another ClockWorkMod got flashed onto my phone (over TWRP) with it. That was no big deal (or so I thought). Now the only backup I have is of a CyanogenMod build where my phone won't stop getting an error message. Before that I couldn't play any sort of videos on my phone at all for some reason. On top of that, my computer won't recognize my phone as a proper storage device so I can't access any of its files!

That's pretty bad already, but what's worse is that now I can't even shut off my phone! It just goes straight to ClockWorkMod Recovery. Plus, whenever I start my phone it says I need to charge it (which I am). I've let it sit, charging, and it has occasionally gone back to recovery. I have no idea what to do! Could someone please PM me or leave suggestions, or, or... something? I'd really appreciate it.

I would download any rom.zip, like ViperOn and try to get to bootloader and flash latest TWRP. Then go to recovery and via adb sideload flash the downloaded ROM to check what's happening. If it then boots up again you could download a TWRP stock backup and flash this if you would like to regain stock again.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread