Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,223 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Q) Firmware / Stock Help

Tip us?

PureLife90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Default (Q) Firmware / Stock Help

Okay so here is my issue. I'm literally stuck! I have no computer to go back and lock my bootloader and I'm not s-off. I have no way, to my knowledge, to install the new firmware to play with the new stock roms. If anybody has any suggestion, that would be terrific!

stathis95194
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Are you on stock rom? If yes you only need to flash stock recovery. Relocking bootloader is not needed
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 11.0
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.03

================
Live Soccer Results

================

PureLife90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
Are you on stock rom? If yes you only need to flash stock recovery. Relocking bootloader is not needed
How would I go about flashing stock recovery?

stathis95194
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Unfortunately you will need a PC for this . Are you on custom recovery now? How did you flash that in the first place?
Phone: HTC One (M8) International
ROM: ARHD 11.0
Firmware: 2.22.401.5
Kernel: ElementalX Kernel v1.03

================
Live Soccer Results

================

PureLife90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by stathis95194 View Post
Unfortunately you will need a PC for this . Are you on custom recovery now? How did you flash that in the first place?
I did it from a computer at work. I no longer have that job though. So I'm seriously stuck.

redpoint73
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,960
Surely, you know someone with a computer that they will let you use?
Please click the "Thanks" button if you found a post helpful!

Phone: AT&T HTC One (M8)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (WiFi only)
The Following User Says Thank You to redpoint73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint73 View Post
Surely, you know someone with a computer that they will let you use?
This ^^^^
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

PureLife90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 36
alright, here's an update. i went to my fiances house and used her mothers computer (worlds slowest internet, i think AOL is faster) and worlds oldest computer ... anyways... i locked my bootloader and flashed a stock recovery, i went back to my stock rom as well and checked the software update from AT&T (which said that I had an update before i did all this) but now when i check for an update it says that i'm currently up to date and when i check information from online and compare it to my information i can confirm that I am on 1.58 but i'm android 4.4.2 and VIPER calls for a stock firmware of 4.4.3 (i think) also i can't find anywhere online on information on what the current radio is of the newest update. i'm trying to make sure that everything that I have is current to date. I don't want to be outdated lol . anways , i'm trying to figure out how to run viper with the current firmware that they require. thank you for any help you can give me now
EDIT : i bought this phone about 3 months ago and i HAVENT made any updates since then. i rooted it as soon as i got it. so im not sure if i am up-to-date