Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] [ROM] 4.4.2 | CM | 11/05 | OneDroid | Pre-installed Google Apps, SU, Busybox,

OP QA Bot

QA Bot
19th November 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Q&A for [ROM] 4.4.2 | CM | 11/05 | OneDroid | Pre-installed Google Apps, SU, Busybox, Xposed

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer.

Before posting, please use the forum search and read through the discussion thread for [ROM] 4.4.2 | CM | 11/05 | OneDroid | Pre-installed Google Apps, SU, Busybox, Xposed. If you can't find an answer, post it here, being sure to give as much information as possible (firmware version, steps to reproduce, logcat if available) so that you can get help.

Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy!
19th November 2014, 12:19 AM   |  #2  

3 posts
onedroid rim broke my phone :(
I installed the onedroid rom on my HTC one m8 and the phone is effectively unusable. I get constant (as in as soon as I clear one another pops up) notifications that google or cyanogenmod processes have stopped. THey come so fast the screen can't even load and I can do nothing with the phone.

The installation process was very standard- I downloaded the zip file, installed from there, and rebooted. What did I do wrong?
19th November 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #3  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,147 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesarelame

I installed the onedroid rom on my HTC one m8 and the phone is effectively unusable. I get constant (as in as soon as I clear one another pops up) notifications that google or cyanogenmod processes have stopped. THey come so fast the screen can't even load and I can do nothing with the phone.

The installation process was very standard- I downloaded the zip file, installed from there, and rebooted. What did I do wrong?

Did you wipe cache, dalvik cache and system partition before flashing? Do that and then flash the ROM
19th November 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrij

Did you wipe cache, dalvik cache and system partition before flashing? Do that and then flash the ROM

Yes. I admit I'm new to modding android but I followed the instructions.
19th November 2014, 05:20 PM   |  #5  

3 posts
After a little playing I found that I not only had to wipe cache, dalvik cache, and system as well as all data. This got onedroid to install in a way that was usable. However there are still serious issues with google play services. Doing a basic install of onedroid I can set up my google account and am immediately told that multiple applications have issues and that google play services need to update...but it wont update. I attempt to update google play services and it literally sits there with the spinning logo. I left it all night, hoping it was updating in the background but it was still spinning when I woke up.

I read some possible fixes for this-
1- remove google account from phone, reboot, re-add google account. This made no difference.
2- from recovery, install the latest signed gapps zip package. I did that and ended up with the same situation as the first post in the thread- notification after notification of stopped processes
3- I then tried a full wipe and re-installed onedroid and the signed gapps package at the same time. Same result as number 2

So still no love. I really want to use this ROM as it seems like the best one for me. Any idea?
22nd November 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #6  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,147 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesarelame

After a little playing I found that I not only had to wipe cache, dalvik cache, and system as well as all data. This got onedroid to install in a way that was usable. However there are still serious issues with google play services. Doing a basic install of onedroid I can set up my google account and am immediately told that multiple applications have issues and that google play services need to update...but it wont update. I attempt to update google play services and it literally sits there with the spinning logo. I left it all night, hoping it was updating in the background but it was still spinning when I woke up.

I read some possible fixes for this-
1- remove google account from phone, reboot, re-add google account. This made no difference.
2- from recovery, install the latest signed gapps zip package. I did that and ended up with the same situation as the first post in the thread- notification after notification of stopped processes
3- I then tried a full wipe and re-installed onedroid and the signed gapps package at the same time. Same result as number 2

So still no love. I really want to use this ROM as it seems like the best one for me. Any idea?

Let me recompile the ROM and push an update, that might fix it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
auto-qa
Previous Thread Next Thread