[Q&A] |TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M8] - v2.0.2 | 9.10.14

Search This thread
Q

QA Bot

Q&A for |TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M8] - v2.0.2 | 9.10.14

Some developers prefer that questions remain separate from their main development thread to help keep things organized. Placing your question within this thread will increase its chances of being answered by a member of the community or by the developer. Thanks for understanding and for helping to keep XDA neat and tidy! :smile:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
S-Off dont work ? Step by step S-off please.. Hboot 3.18
İngilizcemiz yokki derdimizi anlatalım arkadaş...

Hello! You can try these instructions that a quoted. But there have been reports that HBOOT 3.18 is not compatible with firewater, some say Sunshine S-Off is the only way left. Sunshine was created by the devs of firewater but they insist on charging (playing) for this one. In the case it is not compatible with your device they won't take charge you. :D

ETA:

Here's what I did for those that care

Purchased the phone from AT&T online

Received it yesterday. Software number 1.12.502.18

Used HTCDev to unlock the bootloader

Used this tool: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2699065
To Root and Install TWRP

Installed HTC SynManager and it installed the drivers. I LEFT HTC SYNCMANAGER INSTALLED. I was going to uninstall HTC Syncmanager if I ran into problems

Turned off Screenlock
From Developers Menu, made sure I checked do not put device to sleep when plugged in
Screen Timeout was set to 1 hour
USB Debugging on
Install from Unknown Sources was checked as well

My AndroidSDK folder is in the root of my C: Drive, I placed the firewater file in the Platform Tools folder and "Shift+Right Click" and selected Open Command Window Here

I followed the steps posted on the firewater-soff.com site

adb wait-for-device push firewater /data/local/tmp
adb shell
su
chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/firewater
/data/local/tmp/firewater

I DID NOT DO ADB REBOOT COMMAND

I don't think I did anything special, but in case anyone else has an AT&T Phone with the same software number, you could give it a try and let us know how it turns out?

Good luck folks!

scotty-k

Oct 4, 2014
When I try to launch this tool, nothing happens. It seems to be hanging upon opening of the app.
Using Windows 7 64-bit

68iou1

Mar 21, 2012
Can't open Application ... Windows 8.1 64Bit - All files extracted fine etc. Cannot find more then 1 mirror to download from (XDA)

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
When I try to launch this tool, nothing happens. It seems to be hanging upon opening of the app.
Using Windows 7 64-bit
Can't open Application ... Windows 8.1 64Bit - All files extracted fine etc. Cannot find more then 1 mirror to download from (XDA)

Hey guys! Have you tried downloading the version before it and updating it through the application using wyupdate. :)

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Using Windows 7 64-bit

I've updated the zip for the latest version! I was missing a dll.

Oxy360

Oct 20, 2014
Stuck

I cant proceed to the last step

"This will load the image to your device and all you have to to now is wait for your phone to boot the image. Once you are in the 'recovery' you should see a orange purple background.

it doesnt load an image , my phone gets stuck once i hit enter in the CMD

i also cant S-off because it says it needs SUbinary permission

Last edited:

Westonio245

Mar 16, 2011
Regaining root access on 4.4.4? philz-recovery and stock rom via htc one m8 toolkit

So I made the bad choice of upgrading to 4.4.4 already (or so it seems to be bad) on my unlocked htc one m8 phone.

I originally rooted on 4.4.3 with the htc one m8 toolkit and followed the root with stock recovery manual using the philz cwm recovery. I then decided to upgrade to 4.4.4. via the software update on the phone

Basically tried to upload the image again so I could root again and it just crashes at the fastboot menu. I also tried to load the twrp recovery and it just rebooted my phone.

The main question: do I basically just have to wait for some update to come about for the philz_recovery image? Or is there potential i'm doing something wrong on 4.4.4.

EDIT: fixed it.. for some reason couldn't flash over the philz recover image.. maybe I did something wrong, but I got the TWRP to work through a standard fastboot flash recovery.. Back in business.

Last edited:

bosou

Jun 8, 2013
failed root

Once you have the bootloader unlocked download this recovery:
Philz CWM Advanced Edition Recovery

Then go back into the bootloader (you can use the 'ADB' section of the toolkit) and make sure its in FASTBOOT USB mode.

Once you are in the bootloader you'll need to open up a cmd window.

Once that's open you'll need to type:

Code:

fastboot boot

(leave a space after 'boot') then drag the recovery image we downloaded earlier onto the cmd window.

This will load the image to your device and all you have to to now is wait for your phone to boot the image. Once you are in the 'recovery' you should see a orange purple background. Goto:

=> Philz Options (something like that. Its near the bottom of the list)
=> Root device (SuperSU) {its near the top of the list)

This will root your device or at least put the SU Binaries on your phone. All you have to do is reboot your phone. (Keep going back untill you see 'reboot device now'.)

When your phone is booted up just goto the Play Store and download SuperSU by Chainfire. Open it up and you should have root! This will keep the stock recovery so you can install firmware updates later on from HTC.

I hope this helped!
so yeah i folowed this one.. and my phone just restarted.
and theres this error report to htc. any ideas?
using asian htc m8 4.4.3. unlocked

peter13337

Jun 17, 2014
Working on Android 5

Hi.
Just want to ask, if this tool to root the ONE (M8) works, if u get the OTA update to Android 5 by HTC ?

Thanks for the Answer

bhavindd

Dec 30, 2014
Working !!!!

ty vm for this i was searching since long....

this is useful for whome who buy htc m8 at&t and unlocked it and used another sim/ carrier, but u cant create hotspot because at&t put lock there, this will help u to unlock it :)

cheers

CapN_Cook

Feb 21, 2015
Thanks for this amazing tool :)

I always love the tools that make it a lot easier to root / flash your phone.

+Seeding, since no one was seeding it what I saw ^_^