Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

question on m8

Tip us?

ron31
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default question on m8

i need some review on smebody that own a m8. i have a gs 4 im looking to upgrade how well does this work and how good is the camera and video.and does anyboby know the canadian version of this phone and is it bootloader locked

ILIVE4HEAD
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron31 View Post
i need some review on smebody that own a m8. i have a gs 4 im looking to upgrade how well does this work and how good is the camera and video.and does anyboby know the canadian version of this phone and is it bootloader locked
Yea bootloader is locked by default but its easy to unlock and is on the official HTC dev website. Overall I'm really enjoying this phone and I can't say more than any other reviews out on YouTube. Camera is said to be a big issue but I don't mind I don't use it as a photography camera I use it just to post pictures and videos on the internet if you want a photography camera I'd say stick with DSLR's instead of smartphones.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to ILIVE4HEAD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ron31
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILIVE4HEAD View Post
Yea bootloader is locked by default but its easy to unlock and is on the official HTC dev website. Overall I'm really enjoying this phone and I can't say more than any other reviews out on YouTube. Camera is said to be a big issue but I don't mind I don't use it as a photography camera I use it just to post pictures and videos on the internet if you want a photography camera I'd say stick with DSLR's instead of smartphones.

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Free mobile app
thanks for the reply

HTCNerdYoda
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron31 View Post
thanks for the reply
Regarding the locked bootloader. Yes it can be unlocked and there is not only one possibility to accomplish it. Personally I don't think the HTCDev way the best one.
Mobile: One M8 Gunmetal: UNLOCK - S-OFF (SunShine) - WWE
CID: HTC__001 (T-MOB101)
MID: 0P6B10000
HBoot: 3.18
FW: 2.22.401.5 (1.70.111.1)
Radio: 1.19.21331147A1
ROM: Stock - SuperSU
Recovery: Stock

Retired: Desire (CWM, Cyanogen), Sensation (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, root), One X (Unlocked, TWRP, Cyanogen), One (M7) (firewater S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne), Moto G (Unlocked, S-On, CWM, CM11), One (M8) GER Silver (SunShine S-Off, TWRP, ViperOne 2.2.0).