Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] "random" softbrick /unable to mount data - but be able to reboot and start rom?!

OP _moelle

29th July 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag NRW
Thanks Meter: 334

801 posts
Hey Guys,

am facing a real annoying problem. - im kinda flashaholic guy and change my daily driver really often. - but i allways do wipe davlik/cache/system/data, so im not doing dirtyflashes at all. - I dont know why, but after a random period of time i get the error "unable to mount data" in twrp.

its ****ed up at all, cause i can use the installed rom totally normal, but nothing in recovery works from then, cause of "unable to mount data".

to get it back working, i usually go ahead und delete the wohl data partition, as described here:

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html

is there any other solution to fix it? or can anybody tell me what action did that unmountable data partition? caus ive no clue.
is there a thing to prevent this mount-problem? i really would thank you for some helping tips
29th July 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Outer Mongolia
Thanks Meter: 2,448

3,601 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _moelle

Hey Guys,

am facing a real annoying problem. - im kinda flashaholic guy and change my daily driver really often. - but i allways do wipe davlik/cache/system/data, so im not doing dirtyflashes at all. - I dont know why, but after a random period of time i get the error "unable to mount data" in twrp.

its ****ed up at all, cause i can use the installed rom totally normal, but nothing in recovery works from then, cause of "unable to mount data".

to get it back working, i usually go ahead und delete the wohl data partition, as described here:

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html

is there any other solution to fix it? or can anybody tell me what action did that unmountable data partition? caus ive no clue.
is there a thing to prevent this mount-problem? i really would thank you for some helping tips

reflash TWRP through fastboot, take a recovery and wipe everything then restore
The Following User Says Thank You to exocetdj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread