Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 44,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "random" softbrick /unable to mount data - but be able to reboot and start rom?!

Tip us?

_moelle
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259
Default [Q] "random" softbrick /unable to mount data - but be able to reboot and start rom?!

Hey Guys,

am facing a real annoying problem. - im kinda flashaholic guy and change my daily driver really often. - but i allways do wipe davlik/cache/system/data, so im not doing dirtyflashes at all. - I dont know why, but after a random period of time i get the error "unable to mount data" in twrp.

its ****ed up at all, cause i can use the installed rom totally normal, but nothing in recovery works from then, cause of "unable to mount data".

to get it back working, i usually go ahead und delete the wohl data partition, as described here:

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html

is there any other solution to fix it? or can anybody tell me what action did that unmountable data partition? caus ive no clue.
is there a thing to prevent this mount-problem? i really would thank you for some helping tips

exocetdj
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,048

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _moelle View Post
Hey Guys,

am facing a real annoying problem. - im kinda flashaholic guy and change my daily driver really often. - but i allways do wipe davlik/cache/system/data, so im not doing dirtyflashes at all. - I dont know why, but after a random period of time i get the error "unable to mount data" in twrp.

its ****ed up at all, cause i can use the installed rom totally normal, but nothing in recovery works from then, cause of "unable to mount data".

to get it back working, i usually go ahead und delete the wohl data partition, as described here:

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html

is there any other solution to fix it? or can anybody tell me what action did that unmountable data partition? caus ive no clue.
is there a thing to prevent this mount-problem? i really would thank you for some helping tips
reflash TWRP through fastboot, take a recovery and wipe everything then restore
The Following User Says Thank You to exocetdj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]