Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

recovery help please

OP smeejaytee

26th September 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
so is there a way to find what the verizon block number is on the m8?
26th September 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #52  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Verizon htc m8 blocks:

mmcblk0p3: 00004000 00000200 "board_info
mmcblk0p4: 00800000 00000200 "reserve_1"
mmcblk0p5: 00040000 00000200 "mfg"
mmcblk0p6: 017afc00 00000200 "pg2fs"
mmcblk0p7: 00040000 00000200 "sbl1_updat
mmcblk0p8: 00040000 00000200 "rpm"
mmcblk0p9: 00200000 00000200 "tz"
mmcblk0p10: 00008000 00000200 "sdi"
mmcblk0p11: 00400000 00000200 "hboot"
mmcblk0p12: 00500000 00000200 "sp1"
mmcblk0p13: 00100000 00000200 "wifi"
mmcblk0p14: 00008000 00000200 "ddr"
mmcblk0p15: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p16: 03c00400 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p17: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p18: 00800000 00000200 "radio_con
mmcblk0p19: 00180000 00000200 "fsg"
mmcblk0p20: 04b00400 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p21: 00400000 00000200 "tool_diag
mmcblk0p22: 03200000 00000200 "custdata"
mmcblk0p23: 00effc00 00000200 "reserve_2
mmcblk0p24: 00100000 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p25: 00180000 00000200 "modem_st1
mmcblk0p26: 00180000 00000200 "modem_st2
mmcblk0p27: 01400000 00000200 "fataldevl
mmcblk0p28: 00001000 00000200 "debug_con
mmcblk0p29: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p30: 00004000 00000200 "control"
mmcblk0p31: 00140400 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p32: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p33: 00100000 00000200 "cdma_reco
mmcblk0p34: 00000400 00000200 "fsc"
mmcblk0p35: 00002000 00000200 "ssd"
mmcblk0p36: 00040000 00000200 "skylink"
mmcblk0p37: 01900000 00000200 "carrier"
mmcblk0p38: 00040000 00000200 "sensor_hu
mmcblk0p39: 01e00000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p40: 00002800 00000200 "cir_img"
mmcblk0p41: 01000000 00000200 "vzw_quali
mmcblk0p42: 01de6000 00000200 "reserve"
mmcblk0p43: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p44: 01800000 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p45: 05800000 00000200 "reserve_3
mmcblk0p46: a8000000 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p47: 40000000 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p48: 30000000 00000200 "userdata"



User data should be the one, I'm not 100% sure... But then it should be block 48.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vi553r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th September 2014, 12:25 PM   |  #53  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi553r

Verizon htc m8 blocks:

mmcblk0p3: 00004000 00000200 "board_info
mmcblk0p4: 00800000 00000200 "reserve_1"
mmcblk0p5: 00040000 00000200 "mfg"
mmcblk0p6: 017afc00 00000200 "pg2fs"
mmcblk0p7: 00040000 00000200 "sbl1_updat
mmcblk0p8: 00040000 00000200 "rpm"
mmcblk0p9: 00200000 00000200 "tz"
mmcblk0p10: 00008000 00000200 "sdi"
mmcblk0p11: 00400000 00000200 "hboot"
mmcblk0p12: 00500000 00000200 "sp1"
mmcblk0p13: 00100000 00000200 "wifi"
mmcblk0p14: 00008000 00000200 "ddr"
mmcblk0p15: 00100000 00000200 "dsps"
mmcblk0p16: 03c00400 00000200 "adsp"
mmcblk0p17: 00500000 00000200 "wcnss"
mmcblk0p18: 00800000 00000200 "radio_con
mmcblk0p19: 00180000 00000200 "fsg"
mmcblk0p20: 04b00400 00000200 "radio"
mmcblk0p21: 00400000 00000200 "tool_diag
mmcblk0p22: 03200000 00000200 "custdata"
mmcblk0p23: 00effc00 00000200 "reserve_2
mmcblk0p24: 00100000 00000200 "misc"
mmcblk0p25: 00180000 00000200 "modem_st1
mmcblk0p26: 00180000 00000200 "modem_st2
mmcblk0p27: 01400000 00000200 "fataldevl
mmcblk0p28: 00001000 00000200 "debug_con
mmcblk0p29: 00040000 00000200 "pdata"
mmcblk0p30: 00004000 00000200 "control"
mmcblk0p31: 00140400 00000200 "local"
mmcblk0p32: 00010000 00000200 "extra"
mmcblk0p33: 00100000 00000200 "cdma_reco
mmcblk0p34: 00000400 00000200 "fsc"
mmcblk0p35: 00002000 00000200 "ssd"
mmcblk0p36: 00040000 00000200 "skylink"
mmcblk0p37: 01900000 00000200 "carrier"
mmcblk0p38: 00040000 00000200 "sensor_hu
mmcblk0p39: 01e00000 00000200 "devlog"
mmcblk0p40: 00002800 00000200 "cir_img"
mmcblk0p41: 01000000 00000200 "vzw_quali
mmcblk0p42: 01de6000 00000200 "reserve"
mmcblk0p43: 01000000 00000200 "boot"
mmcblk0p44: 01800000 00000200 "recovery"
mmcblk0p45: 05800000 00000200 "reserve_3
mmcblk0p46: a8000000 00000200 "system"
mmcblk0p47: 40000000 00000200 "cache"
mmcblk0p48: 30000000 00000200 "userdata"



User data should be the one, I'm not 100% sure... But then it should be block 48.


tried 48 instead of 47 still getting an invalid blocks count
29th September 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #54  
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2
 
178 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vi553r

That link refers to a m7 solution for the data problem. On m7 it was block 37 on the m8 it's block 47.i think that's why you still can't mount data.
But I'm not sure verizon models use the same block 47 number.

I'm getting the error saying
mke2fs 1.41.12 <17-May-2010>
mkfs.ext4: invalid blocks count - /dev/block/mmcblk0p47
29th September 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
every rom i try flash I'm getting the message

set_perm: some changes failed

anyone know why this is happening?
20th October 2014, 11:01 PM   |  #56  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbart1009

I'm getting the error saying
mke2fs 1.41.12 <17-May-2010>
mkfs.ext4: invalid blocks count - /dev/block/mmcblk0p47

Hi, did you find any solution? I have the same problem with the same "invalid blocks count" problem....
21st October 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #57  
Alex-V's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,553
 
8,332 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysiak_d

Hi, did you find any solution? I have the same problem with the same "invalid blocks count" problem....

I think this can help

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...ne-m8.html?m=1
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex-V For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th November 2014, 11:19 PM   |  #58  
smeejaytee's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag kent
Thanks Meter: 551
 
2,430 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Hi I had unsubscribed from this thread as my problem got solved, it was actually quite easy just flash a full wipe fuu, I got mine from sneakyghosts thread but I see your on a US network I think you have to look in the forums for your device but I know there is a fuu thread, this fixes all partitions and should get you up and running again. I hope this may help if you still have your issue. I have resubscibed so I can keep an eye on the thread sorry I'm late.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
1st December 2014, 01:12 AM   |  #59  
xunholyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 470
 
1,251 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeejaytee

Hi I had unsubscribed from this thread as my problem got solved, it was actually quite easy just flash a full wipe fuu, I got mine from sneakyghosts thread but I see your on a US network I think you have to look in the forums for your device but I know there is a fuu thread, this fixes all partitions and should get you up and running again. I hope this may help if you still have your issue. I have resubscibed so I can keep an eye on the thread sorry I'm late.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Us versions, and only US versions, have actual RUUs they can use.

EDIT: I am wrong here. I just got a download today for an RUU for the international versions. First time I've ever heard of it for non US M8s.
Last edited by xunholyx; 3rd December 2014 at 03:51 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to xunholyx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes