Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 45,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacing Speaker Grilles

Tip us?

munraf
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Smile Replacing Speaker Grilles

I know some of you have the issue of the lifting speaker grilles. I just want to let anyone who has this same problem know that they are rather simple to replace. If anyone needs the parts they can be found here:

http://www.etradesupply.com/htc/andr...ent-parts.html

Shipping was expensive, but it arrived to New York from China in about four days which was impressive. Build quality of the replacement parts is excellent. I cannot tell the difference from the original. My old one was bubbling in places and scratched. After some heating using a hair dryer and a little peeling, the old one came right off and i put the new one on. It already had adhesive on the part. I just hope this sticks and doesnt bubble.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to munraf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DinoSoup
Old
Thanks Meter 140
This is not a question. Please in the future use the general thread.
Nexus 5

doublehp
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Thank you; I will bookmark this link. Good to know where to buy parts like these. Some can be found on Ebay, others are rare.
HTC One M8, unpacked 2014-06-19 at 4PM; HTCDEV + SuperSU + S-Off + hone made random scripts at boot 2014-06-20 at 11:30PM .

HTC Sensation received July 27th 2011 (First HTC). Cracked Fre3vo 28th. Craked S-OFF via Revolutionary 30th with success on first attempt. LeeDrOiD 1.2.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Pointless thread without pics.

Doughnut
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Not at all pointless, I've damaged my speaker surround (the black outline) removing the grill the other day (Shawarma fat went over my phone) anyway I've sorted it and now the black surround looks funky.

As it goes I want a silver version of the M8, so I'll be ordering the silver body and grills, not at all a pointless thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Doughnut For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashyx
Old
(Last edited by ashyx; 10th July 2014 at 10:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughnut View Post
Not at all pointless, I've damaged my speaker surround (the black outline) removing the grill the other day (Shawarma fat went over my phone) anyway I've sorted it and now the black surround looks funky.

As it goes I want a silver version of the M8, so I'll be ordering the silver body and grills, not at all a pointless thread.

Imo it's basically a post with a link that has already been posted several times and nothing else.
It would have been nice to have seen results.